We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colorful and honest auto (tuk-tuk) drivers in Bangalore

Which Bengaluru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mountain View...
Level Contributor
15 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Colorful and honest auto (tuk-tuk) drivers in Bangalore

Bangalore auto drivers are known to be rude and cheating (of course there are exceptions), more so in the outer fringes of the sprawling city and if you're not a local. When we come across autos drivers who are different and honest, it feels good to be proven wrong from your general version of the truth. We met a similar auto driver one night while returning from MG Road. He had glaring LEDs installed in the auto, had a music system with playlist displayed for the passenger, a small thailand tuk-tuk model installed on the fare meter. He turned the meter without delay when we boarded the auto at 11 pm in Bengaluru. Generally auto drivers start asking for 1.5 times the regular fare from 8 pm onwards. Frankly with auto fare hikes, Bengaluru auto fares are higher than Mumbai Taxi fares as of now. Still the auto drivers won't pass a chance to dupe their passengers. This guy usually ferries foreign tourists on Bengaluru city trips, picks them up from hotels and drops them back. I will not share his name and number here but I would suggest TA to promote this forum thread to encourage people to share such auto driver's contact details for others to benefit. If anyone is interested I can share his name and number through personal message.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colorful and honest auto (tuk-tuk) drivers in Bangalore

I found myself in a similar situation in Bangalore some time ago. I jumped out of 3 different Tuk Tuks where the drivers all wanted to take me shopping before they took me to my destination. I finally found one who was very polite and drove me directly to my hotel. He did not ask if I wante dto shop nor did he take the long way. I wish I would have gotten his name - he was a diamond in the rough!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colorful and honest auto (tuk-tuk) drivers in Bangalore

Hello bingir , how can I get his phone number and phone please ???

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colorful and honest auto (tuk-tuk) drivers in Bangalore

And name sorry

4. Re: Colorful and honest auto (tuk-tuk) drivers in Bangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 21, 2015