We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
13 posts
Save Topic
Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

Hi Everyone,

I am shifting to Bangalore from Delhi in July. I have a new Honda city which I need to take it to Bangalore.

Please advise best road route to go Bangalore from Delhi. I will have 5-6 days in hand to drive in this route taking ample of rest in between.

I have two routes in mind –

Route 1 – Delhi – Jaipur- Ajmer- Udaipur-Ahmedabad-Vadodara-Mumbai-Pune- Bangalore (this route is 400KM extra than Route 2)

Route 2 - Delhi - Agra -Gwalior - jhansi - sagar - bhopal - hoshangabad - Nagpur - Hyd – Blr

Thanks

Sushsaur

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

You do not need to go to Bhopal and continue beyond Sagar to Narsinghpur on AH43 and on to Nagpur. Sections of the road will not be good.

Another option would be to take the NH3 beyond Gwalior upto Nashik and then proceed to Pune and onto Bangalore on NH4

jaipur
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan
Level Contributor
650 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

DEAR

The shortest route will be this - dehli-jaipur-deoli-kota-jhalawar-rajgarh-dewas-indore-dhule-nashik-Nh 50 to pune-kolhapur-belgaum -hubli-chitradurga-tumkur-bangalore .

Only in MP the roads are not good otherwise very good roads to drive .

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,349 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

Hi,

Route 2 without touching Bhopal is the shortest & safe route.Roads are good too.Delhi-Agra-Jhansi-Sagar-Narsinghpur-Nagpur-Hyderabad-Bangalore.

Rgds

Deepak.

Bangalore
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

Route one is best..we already did that 3 times and gonna do it again on 30th Aug :) Banglore to delhi..

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

I did with route 1 in aug 2013 only. But was not very happy as the roads in gujarat and Maharashtra were worst. Due to rain, there were many pot holes which obstructed your speed and also the reason of traffic jams. Its almost 2500km and toll cost also cones to almost to 2500 rupees.

I started on Thursday eve by 6pm from greater noida took a night halt in Jaipur. On Friday morning we start at 6:30am and stretch till mumbai by 2 am. We halt in mumbai for a night and started on saturday eve by 4pm for satara. We reached there by 10pm and stay over night. Then on sunday morning we started at 6:30 and reached Bangalore by eve 4 pm.

Karnataka highway were best among all states.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

I did with route 1 in aug 2013 only. But was not very happy as the roads in gujarat and Maharashtra were worst. Due to rain, there were many pot holes which obstructed your speed and also the reason of traffic jams. Its almost 2500km and toll cost also cones to almost to 2500 rupees.

I started on Thursday eve by 6pm from greater noida took a night halt in Jaipur. On Friday morning we start at 6:30am and stretch till mumbai by 2 am. We halt in mumbai for a night and started on saturday eve by 4pm for satara. We reached there by 10pm and stay over night. Then on sunday morning we started at 6:30 and reached Bangalore by eve 4 pm.

Karnataka highway were best among all states.

Bengaluru, India
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

Hi, I am interested in having more details on route #1, how are the roads, best advise on Halts & hotels & number of days it will take to reach Delhi from Bangalore & back.

8. Re: Best road route Delhi to Bangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 09, 2015