We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sightseeing

Bracknell
Level Contributor
103 posts
424 reviews
Save Topic
Sightseeing

I wonder if someone can help – we are visiting from England and have 2 full days in Bangalore and hope to visit Cubbon Park seeing state buildings & Venkatappa Art Gallery; Bengaluru Palace, Iskcon Temple; Tipu Sultan's Palace, city market, Jama Masjid, Venkataramana Temple; Lalbagh Gardens, Nandi Bull Temple & Dodda Ganesha Temple.

We plan to stay near Richmond Park. It is feasible to make our own way round by bus or autorickshaw, or will be only get to see everything if we have a car and driver to take us round?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sightseeing

hi screennamechalky,

request you to share the detailed itinery , if you have finalized it. just wanted to check , as i feel this itinery would be a lil complicated one.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sightseeing

Hi screennamechalky,

Three weeks you can cover Bangalore-mysore-Ooty-Wayanad-calicut-kochi-Alleppey-Trivandrum(kovalam)-Madurai

There is an airport in Madurai you can fly back

For all these areas search at Hotels section at this website you will find with user reviews

Combine your trip with trains and buses for train and bus ticket visit cleartrip.com or redbus.in

Any query feel free to reply

regards,

Alen_10

Edited: 3:15 am, October 21, 2012
uk
Level Contributor
234 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sightseeing

thanks

but I think this will work out

Chalky

uk
Level Contributor
234 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sightseeing

Thanks Alan 10 for confirming my trip

I am researching hotels and reviews and now have a lot covered

Its coming together

Chalky

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
104 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sightseeing

in Bangalore local trips, better go with merucabs (http://www.merucabs.com)

They are metered taxis and better than Auto. In Bangalore the Auto people will charge more than meru cabs. Also you can try BMTC Volvo buses (public transport) to travel in city. They do have connectivity to major spots in Bangalore.

uk
Level Contributor
234 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Sightseeing

Thanks for the advice BijuNilgiris

17. Re: Sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 25, 2013