We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi in Bangalore airport

Which Bengaluru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ca
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi in Bangalore airport

hi, is the A/C taxi widely available at Bangalore international airport? do i really need book a taxi in advance or I can just get one when I arrive? it seems there are two companies, Easy Cab and Meru, do they take credit card in the car or I have to pay in advance in the counter if I use credit card? If I pay in counter then it must be a fixed amount, is that usually higher than paying in the car? thank you!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
42 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi in Bangalore airport

You can book it online with either of the companies.

Or you can also take a taxi which is available at the counter - and pay on board at end of journey

For credit card you need to check beforehand with your driver if credit card is accepted.

Online booking is preferable.

ca
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi in Bangalore airport

thanks for you reply. i'm in Bangalore now! I took the Meru cab which has the credit card reader can take my AMEX card. Not every taxi can take credit card or AMEX card, i waited for a few more cars until the Meru cab shows up. I paid at then end of journey without any problem. By the way, there is no counter in or outside airport for those two companies, i spent a few minutes to look but couldn't find one.

Delhi
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi in Bangalore airport

There are few cars which take credit cards like Meru and Easycabs. Most of them accept Amex Cards.

Or you can book taxis or rent cars online in sites such as TaxiForSure.com (http://www.taxiforsure.com/), where you can pay online.

If you are staying in a hotel, they usually arrange for the travel also. However, it would turn out to be costlier than Meru, Easycabs or cabs from TaxiForsure.com.

4. Re: Taxi in Bangalore airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, August 24, 2012
5. Re: Taxi in Bangalore airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, August 25, 2013