We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes shopping in Bangalore

Which Bengaluru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Clothes shopping in Bangalore

I am going to travel in India for a few months starting in Bangalore in February. After reading all the recommendation I decided to not bring almost any western clothes and just buy everything there.

What are the good places to go clothes shopping there?

How long does it take to have a tailor make something?

Any tips would be appreciated :-) Thanks!

TN
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes shopping in Bangalore

Hey Mauiala,

If you want every day wear clothes, you can walk into "safina Plaza" a small mall . (any auto can get u there- once u go there, go to the first floor - there is one huge hall with many individual shopkeepers. Dont forget to bargain though. Also good is "Fab India" it's on commercial street. and the side streets off commercial street...small stores- u can buy clothes, footweat, bags.. Also do check out Mysore Udyog Ltd- it's on the road Perpendicular to Commercial street (It has an ICICI ATM) right next door. Unless you want something serious- venture in to Deepam, Nalli on MG Road , or any of the many malls- Garuda mall, Forum, Bangalore central, Bombay Store- Pricey stuff- but will last..

Hope this helps.. I hope u have a lovely time in my city..

Orlando
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes shopping in Bangalore

Dear,

I'm in Bangalore now... Just went shopping at Centre Bangalore .... But I felt the price is quite costly even it did sale off 50% (1500rs to 750Rs). Fixed price... couldnt Bargain....

Could you tell me some wellknown Indian brand in Clothing? The averaged price I can buy for T-shirt, Shoes, Trousers... and where I could buy with the best resonable price without bargain

Regards

3. Re: Clothes shopping in Bangalore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:41 am, April 15, 2015
Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes shopping in Bangalore

Hi,

Thanks for all the info!

One more question: I am planning to bring my US cell phone and had it unlock in Bangalore and get a prepaid Indian SIM card. Any idea where I could do it?

Aloha,

Ala

J K
Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
430 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothes shopping in Bangalore

Hi Mauiala,

First, you have to be sure that your US GSM mobile is a tri-band instrument. This is primarily because carriers in the US use two frequency bands and carriers in India use two other frequency bands. So only if your mobile supports 3 bands (tri-band) will it work here.

If you are sure yours will work here, getting it unlocked should not be much of a deal. You can walk into the outlet of any cell phone provider (Hutch and Airtel are the two biggest in Bangalore) and they should be able to guide you. To get a local SIM card, you'll just need a photo and a proof of Identity. The mobile gets activated almost immediately. Be sure to ask around for the 'schemes' to find one that best suits your needs.

Have a great trip here!

JK

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothes shopping in Bangalore

Thanks so much for the tips! I am leaving the day after tomorrow and I can't wait!!!

:-)

Aloha,

Ala