We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me fix an ideal month for travelling to Leh in 2014

Which Leh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Topic
Help me fix an ideal month for travelling to Leh in 2014

I'm planning for a bike trip from Delhi to Leh ( Kerala [train] Delhi [bike] Leh ) next year 2014. All my googling revealed that Highway to Leh isnt open throughout all the year. so i'm a little confused in choosing best possible month for visiting Leh (have to apply for leave, fingers crossed!!). Help me figure this out.

New Delhi, India
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me fix an ideal month for travelling to Leh in 2014

Hi Zero C,

Highway to Leh is not closed throughout the year, you can try going in month of April/May/ june/ in july not after the middle as monsoon starts during that time.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Tarun from Adventure Holiday Tours

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me fix an ideal month for travelling to Leh in 2014

I have same kind of plan to do leh by bike from delhi, i will probable be doing it in month of june ? What do you say, maybe it suits we can join ;) cheers !

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me fix an ideal month for travelling to Leh in 2014

hi AdventureHolidayTour is Manali - Leh road open in April? I read in other forums that it will be open only around mid May.

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me fix an ideal month for travelling to Leh in 2014

hey loveutraveling i have april in my mind, if that's not possible then i can only do it in August. PM me if interested :)

New Delhi, India
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me fix an ideal month for travelling to Leh in 2014

Hi Zero C,

Last year it was open during middle of April but it depends upon the weather which you will only find out when its near.

Kind Regards,

Adventure Holiday Tours

6. Re: Help me fix an ideal month for travelling to Leh in 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:01 am, January 09, 2014
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
88 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me fix an ideal month for travelling to Leh in 2014

@Zero c - No,, APRIL not a ti,e for any Biker who want to ride from outside (Manali / Delhi),, even not for a perfect time if you want to start from Leh itself,,

If you want to do full circuit (Manali/Srinagar or Srinagar/Manali) then you must start your riding after May (middle of may also risky dur to sudden weather change n poor road condition)..

and best time for Ladakh Ride is - July/August,, so No problem there for your August Plan,,

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me fix an ideal month for travelling to Leh in 2014

Hi Zero C

Best months are from June to september for Leh travel

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me fix an ideal month for travelling to Leh in 2014

Manali-Leh did NOT open in April last year , this has happened only once in the last decade , in 2004. Mid-May is the earliest you can hope for . Updates on my blog , http://vistet.wordpress.com

Anyone who is planning the full circuit covering both Srinagar and Manali should start from Srinagar : opens earlier and a lot less problems with altitude with the gradual approach from the Kashmiri side.

Edited: 7:04 pm, November 10, 2013
10. Re: Help me fix an ideal month for travelling to Leh in 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:12 am, February 26, 2014