We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is any one visiting Leh during the Second week of October'13

Which Leh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blore
7 posts
Save Topic
Is any one visiting Leh during the Second week of October'13

I am wondering if I will be alone in Ladakh in October (11th to ~16th)! :)

I hope its not going to be "deserted" in Ladakh in october.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is any one visiting Leh during the Second week of October'13

hi actulaly visited leh in sept 22nd to 25th by that tym only it was tooo cold be preapered for harsh climate

2. Re: Is any one visiting Leh during the Second week of October'13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:27 am, November 03, 2013
Howrah
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is any one visiting Leh during the Second week of October'13

I along with my family members shall be visiting Leh from 13th to 22nd October 2013.We are 04 in total so you can contact me if you are also visiting with your family members. Bimal Bhattacharya,Mb-09002025993.

Male
Level Contributor
115 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is any one visiting Leh during the Second week of October'13

I was in Leh at the 3rd week of October a few years back. It was cold and water pipes freezed over, which means no water supply in the hotel I stayed with! There were hardly any tourists around, many shops, bakeries (e.g. Pumpernickel German Bakery) closed down. Hence, less options for food. Options to travel with a group to outlaying tourist spots (such as Pangong Tso, Alchi, Lamayeru) was limited - dished out more to rent the whole jeep from travel agency.

That said, it was a lot more quiet and relaxing. I wouldn't want too many tourists milling around at the same location.

Blore
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is any one visiting Leh during the Second week of October'13

Thanks folks.

Nice to know that people do visit Ladakh during this time!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is any one visiting Leh during the Second week of October'13

the weather will be too cold...so be prepared....take some dryfruits...cadbury chocolates with you..it works great to gain energy levels....it is high altitude destination....so there will be a lack of oxygen levels somewhere....take some camphor with you so that you can inhale it while travelling....it refreshes your mind....happy travelling.................

7. Re: Is any one visiting Leh during the Second week of October'13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 08, 2014