We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi sharing Manali to Leh and in Leh 4-13 Aug

Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi sharing Manali to Leh and in Leh 4-13 Aug

Hi Travelers,

I am traveling from Delhi to Leh on dates 4 Aug-13 Aug. We are 2 people(couple) wish to join another couple to share transportation. Below is my plans:

4 aug - Delhi to Manali by evening bus.

5 aug - full day manali, Overnight stay at Hotel.

6 aug - Manali to Sarchu (222 Kms) by road (some car to hire,i would love to hire mahindra thar SUV, it is 22K, we can share) Overnight stay at Hotel.

7 aug - Sarchu to Leh (255 Kms). Arrive at Leh by evening. Overnight stay at the Hotel.

8 aug - Leh to Lamayuru to Ule (160 Kms), Liker Monastery and Gurudwara Pathar Sahib. Check in Camp at Alchi or Ule, Moon landscapes and the Lamayuru monastery. Overnight stay at Camp or Hotel.

9 aug - Ule to Leh (70 Kms), Alchi monastery,BasgoPalaceand Hall of Fame. Arrive at Leh by afternoon. After that free at your leisure. Overnight stay at Hotel.

10 aug - Leh to Pangong Lake to Leh (320 Kms). Drive back to Leh by same route in evening. Overnight stay at Hotel.

11 aug - Leh to Nubra Valley(120 Kms) via Khardungla. Arrive at Deskit by Afternoon. Rest of the day one is free to explore Deskit,Hunder Villages and camel Safari in Sand Dunes between Deskit* and HunderVillage. Overnight stay at Hotel.

12 aug - Nubra Valley to Leh (120 Kms) – After Breakfast visit Deskit Monastery and drive back to Leh by same Route, crossing Khardungla Pass.Overnight stay at Hotel.

13 aug - 06,00 hrs. Transfer to airport and fly back to Delhi with memories of a lifetime trip.

Anyone wants to join on these dates. I also would appreciate anyone's response on my above plan, any help, pointers someone wants to give

Mayur

Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Taxi sharing Manali to Leh and in Leh 4-13 Aug

hi mjsumank, i have booked already in goldrop camp sarchu for 6 Aug night. SO i have just these dates only because of time constraint. If you people can start from manali 6 Aug morning to reach Leh 7 Aug evening with one night stay at Sarchu(6th night) then it will be great. Let me know. And yes you can contact Rajesh Chand Goldrop sarchu for accommodation booking. email me to finalize if ok : mayurs74@gmail.com

Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxi sharing Manali to Leh and in Leh 4-13 Aug

hi mjsumank, dont worry about the exploring Manali to Leh part. Am an avid photographer and will want to enjoy every inch of this journey but cant afford more than 2 days.

Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Taxi sharing Manali to Leh and in Leh 4-13 Aug

hi ram, have you already found someone for Nubra, My plans are a bit changed now, I am traveling Nubra for 8-9 AUg. Please let me know and we can fix it.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxi sharing Manali to Leh and in Leh 4-13 Aug

Hi Ram,

Hi,

We are 2 couples from Bangalore (4 people) starting from Manali on Aug 5th morning and reaching Leh on Aug 6th with a night halt at Jispa (not Sarchu due to AMS).

A day trip to Pangong Lake on 11th Aug and two day trip to Tso Moriri on 12th and 13th Aug.

Also, we will be starting from Leh on 14th Aug to reach Srinagar on 15th Aug with a night halt at Kargil.

We are planning to hire 7+1 Innova for all the above mentioned itinerary. So we can easily accomodate one more couple....

To discuss further about taxi sharing options for the above mentioned itinerary, drop me an email at srinivaspai2@gmail.com or call me on +919886075457

15. Re: Taxi sharing Manali to Leh and in Leh 4-13 Aug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 31, 2014