We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return from Leh to srinagar

Rasayani...
4 posts
Save Topic
Return from Leh to srinagar

What is best mode of travel from Leh to Srinagar other than by air and time of travel and the cost ?

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Return from Leh to srinagar

Dear Vinodvasudha

Leh to Srinagar is 434km ,route is Leh-alchi-lamayuru-kargil-sonmarg-srinagar

Taxi can drop in 1 day also costing Rs12933/=, in 2 daysRs15207/=night stay at Kargil

other option is shared taxi or govt bus

Total time taken is 16 hours approx

Rasayani...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Return from Leh to srinagar

Thanks!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Return from Leh to srinagar

I just did that trip - 2 days - me and my husband. a wonderful landscape! don't missit by flight... We rent a private car with a carrying driver (it's important because Kargil is a really not nice city!). He stopped where-ever we asked. It was only 10,000 r (+500 tip). The Omasila hotel owner arranged that for us, so you can ask him. I have his phone no. so write to me and I'll give you.

4. Re: Return from Leh to srinagar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:27 am, November 03, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Return from Leh to srinagar

I took AirIndia flight from Leh to Srinangar , it is amazingly cheap (compared to share taxis) and scenic too. You fly at a relatively low cruising altitude of about 7000-7500m due to the short distance and the plane just scrapes past the 6000m+ high mountaintops. Very beautiful to view from above just after sunrise and plane touches down at Srinagar less than 30 minutes after liftoff from Leh. .

6. Re: Return from Leh to srinagar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 23, 2014