We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Present taxi rates in Srinagar?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Present taxi rates in Srinagar?

I want to visit sonmarg, gulmarg and pahalgam from Srinagar. What would be the taxi rates this May 2012 on per day basis?

What would be the rate for a private taxi drop from Srinagar to Leh? Is there any better alternative for this trip?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,738 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
151. Re: Present taxi rates in Srinagar?

Somen,

Have a nice trip.

AshisRoy

Edited: 1:07 am, December 14, 2012
kolkata
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
152. Re: Present taxi rates in Srinagar?

summum76

thank you friend

for your feedback / about price day or total ?

somen

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
153. Re: Present taxi rates in Srinagar?

Its up to you. whatever way you require. You will get the best rates with the reliable vehicle/ driver..

Hyderabad
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
154. Re: Present taxi rates in Srinagar?

Hi,

My Kashmir trip is from Dec-23 to 28 with my family. I have booked the hotels, but need to book a cab.

Can I book the cab from the airport for my entire trip on a disposal basis or is it recommeded to book it prior to my arrival?

Also, please suggest some good reliable travel agents.

Thanks,

Arun

Siliguri, India
2 posts
Save Reply
155. Re: Present taxi rates in Srinagar?

srinagar 30/12/12 morning airport ton srinagar& visit srinagar

srinagar to gulmarg tour &v back srinagar

srinagar to sonmarg tour &back srinagar

srinagar to pahelgam tour & back Srinagar

srinagar local tour & drop airport 03/01/2013on 03.30 pm

email ... sdobnhiwd@yahoo.in

call 09434691472

Siliguri, India
2 posts
Save Reply
156. Re: Present taxi rates in Srinagar?

taxi rate at srinagar

30/12/12 morning at airport

3/01/13 3.00pm srinagar airport droport

srinagar local visit

sonmarg & BACK SRINAGAR

gulmarg & BACK SRINAGAR

pahelgam & BACK SRINAGAR

srinagar local visit

HETET TRAVERA RATE

SDOBNHIWD@YAHOO.IN

JOY599

Coimbatore, India
1 post
Save Reply
157. Re: Present taxi rates in Srinagar?

we are 8 of us travelling to Srinagar this march. we would reach there on the 16th, afternoon and are planning to cover Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Pehalgaon, Vaishnodeviand also Amritsar. We are taking a flight back from Delhi to Coimbatore on the 28th. What would be the best way to cover all the places mentioned above. If you could also suggest any other places that would be worth visiting? I would also like to know if the route to Leh would be open during that season, if so could you suggest the best way to travel all the places(here excluding Amritsar). It would also be great if you could also suggest a few Veg, restaurants (with jain food available).

Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Reply
158. Re: Present taxi rates in Srinagar?

Hi Ashis... Visiting kashmir in may 2013 with a 5 yr old and 8 month old.

~Do u think kashmir is a gud idea wth kids ? Or do you suggest an alternative dastination ?

~ Shud we take a package deal from one of these travel portals or do tickets sightseeing and hotels on our own ?

~want a very laid back leisurely vacation ...thinking of spending about 10 days in kashmir.. Can u suggest an itiernary ?

Thanks so much for your help !!

Awaiting ur response :-)

Ravneet

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,738 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
159. Re: Present taxi rates in Srinagar?

Ravneet,

May is good time to see Kashmir, children will also enjoy the valley. Since May is peak season, you may buy a package from any reputed travel organiser. MakeMyTrip and Kesari Tours have office in Mumbai.

Stay 3nts in Srinagar and Pahalgam and 2 nts in Gulmarg.

AshisRoy

Edited: 7:13 am, December 31, 2012
Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
160. Re: Present taxi rates in Srinagar?

Hi Ashis,

been through all the pages and really appreciate your patience in helping others and the depth of your knowledge on J&K :)

Now it's my turn :) I'm planning a week long tip to Srinagar in 1st/2nd week of Feb 2013, at present my itinerary would be something like -

Day 1 - reaching ~5PM, stay at Walison

Day 2 - sight seeing Srinagar stay at Walison

Day 3 - trip to Gulmarg, stay overnight at hotel heaven retreat. any thoughts on that?

Day 4 - to pehelgham via Srinagar(?) (taking a direct cab is useful or change at Srinagar or even bus?)

Day 5 - Pehelgham -> Srinagar. Maybe boat house for the night.

Day 6 - Srinagar -> Sonmarg -> Srinagar (boat house?)

Day 7 - little bit of local shopping as time permits.

waiting for your valuable feedback, thanks.

Edited: 12:17 pm, January 10, 2013