We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jammu to Katra and accomodation at Katra

Which Katra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kota, Rajasthan...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Jammu to Katra and accomodation at Katra

We will reach jammu Tawi railway station at 07h15 on 10th April-2013.

We are a family of 4 adults and belong to Kota, Rajsthan. We are Agarwal Vaish and are vegitarian.

How to reach Katra?

How to book good dharamshala accomodation at Katra for 2 nights?

Budget: Total Rs.3000/-

My email id: agarwal.skr@gmail.com

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
242 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jammu to Katra and accomodation at Katra

Hi Sunil - The moment you reach jammu railway stn, step outside and there's the taxi/bus station. I would suggest to board the bus, they'll charge 60rs per head and will take about 2 hrs to reach katra.

For accomodation, i will strongly recommend shrine board's hotel - Niharika Complex. They charge 1350 rs for a 4-bedded AC room and mark my words, the rooms are just awesome in this price band. The rooms can only be booked online at https:/…login.aspx

The only catch is - The booking starts one month in advance. Try booking exactly one month in advance at sharp 12 AM (the moment date changes on the system). It's due to the heavy demand of these rooms that if you miss the attempt even by 5-7 minutes, all rooms will be booked for that date and can't be booked later.

As far as food preferences are concerned, you'll not even find piece of onion in the entire town - be it a dhaaba, streets or restaurants.

Hope this helps! If you need more information on anything, feel free to post.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
131 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jammu to Katra and accomodation at Katra

What are the charges of AC taxi from Jammu airport to Katra drop for 4 adults & 2 kids? Is there a pre-paid booth at the airport for this, or do we need to book beforehand through an agent? Are taxis readily available from the pre-paid booth in May? Thanks.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
131 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jammu to Katra and accomodation at Katra

Also, how much time does it take to reach Katra from Jammu airport?

For the return trip after 2 days Katra-Jammu, how do we book a taxi? Do let me know. Thanks.

Dubai
Level Contributor
16 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jammu to Katra and accomodation at Katra

I don't know the charges but there is a booth at the airport and yes cars are available right away.They have a fixed fare to take you there and back.They are very good i go every year and use then every time.It takes 2 hrs each way

5. Re: Jammu to Katra and accomodation at Katra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Katra