We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manali-Shimla Trip in June 2014

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kolkata
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Manali-Shimla Trip in June 2014

Hey Guys ...I need advise,,Can anyone suggest me, I m planning to go Manali and Shimla .

Please see my tour plan below and advise:

1 31st May(Sat): Leave from kol by train and reach Ambala cant on 1st june at 12.30pm.

2 1st June: From Ambala cant a cab that will with me in whole trip reach to manali by 8 to 9pm and stay in hotel.

3 2nd June: Rohtang Snow Point and Solang Valley (Adventure sports)

4 3rd June: Manikaran and kullu local sight- seeing

5 4th June: Sightseeing of Manali- Vashishtha Kund & Hidimba Temple. and Manu temple and others

6 5th June (Thur): Leave for shimla and stay at night

7 6th June (Fri) : Shimla local sight-seeing and by evening leave for chandigarh and take train for kol and by 7th june Sat reach kolkata

Hey guys its a 8 day trip 4 night in Manali and 1 Night in shimla. Below are my Question Please answer to below Question:

1 Is above trip schedule is okie if any changes require thn pls sugst.Is 1 day in shimla is enough and shimla-manali is good OR manali to shimla is good.

2 For the above trip I got a package from one of Agent is from Ambala cant the cab will pick me and for whole trip,incl hotel stay,sighseeing,shimla trip and drop me at chandigarh station cost is 22000 for 2 person. Is it a Good Deal?

3 Please also say me how will the weather there in june 1st week will it be cold and will I get Snow?

4 Which train I can get on 6th June(Fri) evening from chandigarh to kolkata?

Waiting All your replies...

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manali-Shimla Trip in June 2014

The plan seems okay. Except on Day 2, you will reach Manali by 10-11 PM.

Shimla-Manali is better to do & taxi seems bit higher priced. It should be somewhere around 15-18K (at max.) for Indigo.

kolkata
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Manali-Shimla Trip in June 2014

Hi Virsa, Thanks for the Reply..

1 Can u tell how many hours it is from Ambala Cant to Manali.?

2 R u saying 15-18k for Indigo AC car incl pick from station and whole trip Manali,Shimla and incl AC hotel for 4 night Manali and 1 Night shimla and then drop to the Station. Please suggest me the Cab driver number and the hotel which you are saying?

3 And if I prefer to go Shimla -Manali then please advise me how to go from Ambala cant OR i drop down at some other station and how to continue the whole trip?

Please Reply for the above

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manali-Shimla Trip in June 2014

1.) 10-11 hours

2.) you may contact : himalayanwoods@gmail.com. Hotels can be suggested after knowing your budget.

3.) If your train is upto Chandigarh/Kalka, then deboard there only. Otherwise Ambala is okay. The plan will be the same but it just got reversed.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
298 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manali-Shimla Trip in June 2014

If some one is offering you 22K for 2 persons including all its a good deal with cab for 8 days for S/S and Hotels on MAP plans.

Pls check authenticity of Agent.

Virsa is saying 15-18K only for Cab and that is correct amount.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manali-Shimla Trip in June 2014

Thank you Milind for pointing me out. I didn't notice. :)

Sorry, if it is all inclusive package, then go for it.

kolkata
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Manali-Shimla Trip in June 2014

Hey Guys..Pls tell me how is the Hotel Royal for Manali and Hotel Amar Palace for Shimla.

If the above two hotel is not so good .Pls suggest me the Good hotel for Manali and Shimla . Please provide the rate and any number if you have. Thanks

Can anyone also suugest me that for Manali is two day is enough as per the above tour schedule as I have taken three days for that.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manali-Shimla Trip in June 2014

If you are a budget traveler, then these hotels seems okay.

Manali needs minimum 3 nights.

kolkata
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Manali-Shimla Trip in June 2014

Virsa ..Thanks for the reply,

If I take 3days for Manali means I am reaching manali at 1st June night then 2nd to 4th at manali and 5th morning I'll leave for Shimla and stay at night and 6th I'll roam shimla .Tell me is possible that I can catch train if there is any on 6th evening for Kolkata OR I'll stay 6th at shimla and 7th morning I'll leave from shimla.

Tell me how far is the Chandigarh and Delhi station from shimla.Which one will nearer, from where I'll book the return ticket.

And also Hotel Royal review is not so good on Trip Advisor Is there is any good hotel u can suggest.

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Manali-Shimla Trip in June 2014

Hi Guys,

I have also planned trip to Manali in 1st week of June.

I will reach Manali on 2nd June morning and leave back for Delhi on 5th June evening.

Please tell me how will the weather there in june 1st week will it be cold and will I get Snow?

Also, kind of clothes(winter wear) required for this trip. I have to visit Rohtang Pass,Solang Valley,Kullu,Manikaran .

Thanks in advance.

-Vishal

Shimla, India
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Manali-Shimla Trip in June 2014

Hi there your itienrary seems to be okay but if you prefer not to have very hectic trip then try visiting Shimla before n frm there go to Manali ...

Light woolens required and June is perfect time to visit as you will be able to visit Rohtang pass n yes you will be able to see snow at Rohtang pass ...