We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalhousie-Dharamsala Itenary

Mumbai...
2 posts
Save Topic
Dalhousie-Dharamsala Itenary

Hi travellers,

I'm for the first time going for a north trip and need your help in deciding a perfect itenary.

My main purpose is to attend a wedding at Patiala, now that I'm in Punjab wish to visit the Golden Temple as well. Then my mind shifted to Dalhousie and hence thought of making it a good one week combined plan with my wife.

Here are the places I wish to attend.

Patiala

Golden Temple (Amritsar)

Wagah Border (Amritsar)

Dalhousie

Dharamsala

I can only afford one way flight, so I would prefer to leave Mumbai by train and return by flight.

Dates are from 8th to 15th Sep. I need to attend the wedding on 14/15 Sep. Dates could also be modified as 14-20 Sep.

Thanks,

praVeen

Ludhiana, Punjab...
Level Contributor
16 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dalhousie-Dharamsala Itenary

I think one day is enough For Amrisar , You should also go Mcloadganj in Rainy Seasons it is safe.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,512 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dalhousie-Dharamsala Itenary

eaglevilla

08/9 Amritsar - Golden Temple, Jalianwala Bagh, Durgiana Mandir. Post lunch - Wagha Border.

09/9 Amritsar to Dalhousie

10/9 Dalhousie - local sightseeing and afternoon at leisure

11/9 Dalhousie - Kalatop, Khajjiar, Chamba

12/9 To Dharamsala - afternoon : visit Dalai Lama Monastery

13/9 Dharamsala - Bhagsu Nag, Dal Lake, Naddi etc. transfer to Pathankot and overnight train to Patiala.

Edited: 3:08 am, July 18, 2013
3. Re: Dalhousie-Dharamsala Itenary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 20, 2014