We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manali trip @ september last

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pune
14 posts
Save Topic
Manali trip @ september last

Hi,

I am planning a trip to manali-kullu-shimla in the last of september.

I would be starting from delhi on 29th september and I have to get back on 4th october. Please suggest what should be my plan from delhi.

Also should I drop shimla from my plan as I am not having much days?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,801 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manali trip @ september last

Itinerary -

29/9 : Arr Shimla by toy train from Kalka, check-in hotel. Evening – Strolling around the Ridge.

30/9 : Shimla – day trip to Naldehra, Tattapani

1/10 : To Manali, check-in hotel, rest.

2/10 : Day trip to Rohtang Pass & Solang

3/10 : Day trip to Kullu, Naggar and Manikaran

4/10 : Manali – Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Vasisth Kund etc. Afternoon proceed to Delhi by Volvo bus at 5.30 p.m.

Edited: 12:04 pm, July 01, 2013
Pune
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Manali trip @ september last

Thanks Mr. Ashish.

Could u please suggest good budget hotel in shimla and manali.

You have mentioned about toy train from Kalka, aren't there good bus services from delhi to shimla?

Also, what are the local transport options to visit places in shimla and manali. we r 2 persons.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,801 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manali trip @ september last

VjBansal

Hotels : Shimla - Kapil Hotel, Brightlad, Balji's, Shingar. Manali - H.Tourist, Adarsh, Drifters Inn, Kunzum, Rohtang Manalsu (HPTDC).

I suggest toy train to reach Shimla. Because that is the best option. The scenic beauty you get during this journey is much better what you get in Shimla.

There is HPTDC Volvo (AC) bus between Delhi and Shimla, fare Rs.880. You may avail conducted tour by HPTDC for sightseeing in Manali and Shimla.

Edited: 6:19 am, July 02, 2013
Chennai
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manali trip @ september last

Dear Mr. Ashish,

I am planning for a trip with my wife to Manali and could you help me out with the plans as I am coming from Chennai and thinking of booking flight tickets but not sure which airport is near by and from there how am i gonna go,

also will there be any snow fall in Sep!! please advise.

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,801 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manali trip @ september last

Hari8989

Nearest airport of Manali is Chandigarh. If you have direct flight to Chandigarh its okay, otherwise get to Delhi and take a cab or volvo bus from there to Manali, takes 12-14 hrs.

Edited: 6:40 am, July 09, 2013
Manali
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Manali trip @ september last

Dear Mr. Bansal ,

Kindly check this Itinerary also :

Day 01 Delhi -Shimla

Pick up from Airport or railway station and drive to Shimla , perched at 7000 feet above sea level, The heady combinations of Chill mountain air, orchards and colonial charms still make Shimla a dream get away.Arrive & transfer to hotel. Rest of the day is free to explore various scenic sights or visit mall road and shopping. Night stay in hotel.

Day 02 After breakfast Leave for kufri sight seeing tour (full day)Kufri and local points of Shimla.

Day 03 Shimla-Kullu - Manali

Morning check out from the Hotel & drive to Manali on the way you will see Manikarn, Kullu Valley, valley of Gods, is a combination of natural splendor and rich cultural heritage. Arrive & transfer to hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Night stay in Manali.

Day 04 Manali

Morning proceed to Visit the 450 years old Hadimba devi Temple built in the tranquil and serene woods,Siyali mahadev, Vasisth village, known for its hot Sulpher springs, Roerich art Gallery.Later visit Naggar Castle Trout fish farm Haripur and local Bazar.. Night stay in Manali.

Day 05 Manali

Early Morning proceed for full day tour of Rohtang Pass – The majesty of the mountains and the glaciers can be seen at their best After enjoying this snowy heaven. Take a sledge ride down the slopes & try luck by climbing the little snow hills. On descenting to Manali, halt at the Rahalla falls. The Magnificent views and natural beauty are a never-ending source of delight. Also halt at Marhi, Ralha falls, Nehru Kund and Solang Valley Night stay in Manali.( Subject to Road condition- journey will up to snow point)

Day 6 after breakfast move to Delhi

Manali
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Manali trip @ september last

Dear Mr. Bansal ,

Kindly check this Itinerary also :

Day 01 Delhi -Shimla

Pick up from Airport or railway station and drive to Shimla , perched at 7000 feet above sea level, The heady combinations of Chill mountain air, orchards and colonial charms still make Shimla a dream get away.Arrive & transfer to hotel. Rest of the day is free to explore various scenic sights or visit mall road and shopping. Night stay in hotel.

Day 02 After breakfast Leave for kufri sight seeing tour (full day)Kufri and local points of Shimla.

Day 03 Shimla-Kullu - Manali

Morning check out from the Hotel & drive to Manali on the way you will see Manikarn, Kullu Valley, valley of Gods, is a combination of natural splendor and rich cultural heritage. Arrive & transfer to hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Night stay in Manali.

Day 04 Manali

Morning proceed to Visit the 450 years old Hadimba devi Temple built in the tranquil and serene woods,Siyali mahadev, Vasisth village, known for its hot Sulpher springs, Roerich art Gallery.Later visit Naggar Castle Trout fish farm Haripur and local Bazar.. Night stay in Manali.

Day 05 Manali

Early Morning proceed for full day tour of Rohtang Pass – The majesty of the mountains and the glaciers can be seen at their best After enjoying this snowy heaven. Take a sledge ride down the slopes & try luck by climbing the little snow hills. On descenting to Manali, halt at the Rahalla falls. The Magnificent views and natural beauty are a never-ending source of delight. Also halt at Marhi, Ralha falls, Nehru Kund and Solang Valley Night stay in Manali.( Subject to Road condition- journey will up to snow point)

Day 6 after breakfast move to Delhi

Pune
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Manali trip @ september last

Thanks a lot.

I am planning my tour as below:

Day 1 : Arrive in Delhi, morning 7 AM. Full day tour of Delhi. Leave for Kalka by train at 9.30 PM.

Day 2 : Arrive Kalka in the morning, leave for shimla by toy train. Arrive shimla at around 10 Am, checkin hotel. Evening local sighseeing in shimla.

Day 3: Day trip to Naldhera, kufri etc. leave for manali by HRTC(8.30 PM).

Day 4 : Arrive Manali, checkin hotel, local sightseeing in manali. Hadimba temple, manu temple etc.

Day 5: Full day tour to Rohtang and solang valley.

Day 6: Day tour to Kullu mannikaran. Leave for delhi in the evening 5.30 pm.

Day 7 : Arrive delhi and leave for agra. Day tour of Agra and back to delhi in the night.

Ashish Ji, Allseasontrips please advice if above itninerary is good. Specially Day 6, is it possible to go for day tour to Kullu mannikaran and catch a bus in the evening for delhi.

Also I want to book local sightseeing tour by HPTDC in shimla and manali. Please suggest if I can book them online.

Pune
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Manali trip @ september last

Hi Ashish ji,

Can you please suggest me on my tour plan. I am waiting for your sign off, so that I can complete my bookings accordingly. :)

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,801 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manali trip @ september last

VjBansal

The itinerary is okay. But visiting Kullu, Manikaran on the dep day seems dicey. May do local s/s on that day. Because, local s/s will not be possible on day4, after reaching Manali. Shimla to Manali takes aprox 8 hrs.

Edited: 2:56 am, July 22, 2013