We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chandigarh to Manali (Rohtang)

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Chandigarh to Manali (Rohtang)

Hi Frens,

I am planning to travel from chandigarh to manali with my wife on 27 june. Plan to leave early morning (by 6 am latest) from chandigarh so that i can reach manali by 2 pm. I also plan to travel to rohtang on 28/29 june as per the weather conditions.

I am just worried about the recent rains and landslide news in Uttrakhand/Himachal, so was just wondering if it is safe to go there.

Please advise.

Thanks

Ritesh

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
40,574 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chandigarh to Manali (Rohtang)

Ritesh

Manali is having pleasant weather, stars are glittering on the clear evening sky. No forecast of heavy rain. You can go ahead for your holiday plan in Manali.

Edited: 12:16 pm, June 19, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chandigarh to Manali (Rohtang)

Many thanks sir

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chandigarh to Manali (Rohtang)

Many thanks sir

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,830 posts
639 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chandigarh to Manali (Rohtang)

Yes, manali and road from chandigarh to manali is clear..but do carry rain cheater/umbrella with you.

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Chandigarh to Manali (Rohtang)

We are planning to go to manali from 23rd to 27th june from delhi. Is it safe to go there as news of rain and landslides are there? pls tell whether we can go to rohtang or not? Kindly reply

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chandigarh to Manali (Rohtang)

Rohtang had snow recently , and the road has been cleared .

Updates at http://korta.nu/sticky

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,830 posts
639 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chandigarh to Manali (Rohtang)

Hi..

Manali is clear and road upto manali is also clear..can plan for manali..rohtang is open.

Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
40,574 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chandigarh to Manali (Rohtang)

daduamit

You can safely come to Manali. It has got no impact of rain and flood occured in Uttarakhand. Weather is pleasant, no forecast of heavy rain. All transports from other states are coming to Manali as usual.

Edited: 3:49 am, June 20, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Chandigarh to Manali (Rohtang)

Hi Ashis, I'm planning to go to manali & rothang during 23rd June to 28th June, please let me know about present condition of shimla, manali & mostly rothang. Will I b able to visit rothang during 25-27?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Chandigarh to Manali (Rohtang)

Hi Ashis, I'm planning to go to manali & rothang during 23rd June to 28th June, please let me know about present condition of shimla, manali & mostly rothang. Will I b able to visit rothang during 25-27?