We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pathankot to Joginder Nagar

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
7 posts
Save Topic
Pathankot to Joginder Nagar

We are a group of 9 Adults and 1 kid travelling for vacation this MAY. We reach Delhi airport from Hyderabad on May 2nd night 11.10 PM.

As we wanted to visit Amritsar, Manali and Shimla, we planned as below:

May 3rd 2.30 AM, Delhi to Amritsar - TRAIN Journey (Reach amritsar by 12:30 PM)

After a local sightseeing on May3rd (Only Wagua border and golden temple), after dinner, we head towards pathankot.

On may 4th early hours 2:15 AM we have a toy train from Pathankot to Joginder nagar.

Could someone please tell us, if travelling from pathankot to joginder nagar (Departure at Pathankot is at 2.15AM), do we have heavy crowd at that time? Is it possible to get seats for everyone of us? Please help!

Kullu, India
Level Contributor
410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pathankot to Joginder Nagar

Greetings

You are not very clear with your message

Do you want to book your tickets on window.As may is peak season and people are now preferring these off beat routes. So it will be good if you book your tickets asap.

This a beautiful route and you will let be it .

.regards

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,684 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pathankot to Joginder Nagar

LaxmiRamya23

The trains between Pathankot and Jogindernagar are ordinary passenger trains. Availablity of seat in these trains is a matter of luck.

Edited: 5:01 am, March 07, 2013
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pathankot to Joginder Nagar

Pathankot - Jogindernagar is an ordinary train. All bogies are unreserved. You will get a seat for sure but this journey is not a very comfortable one...

Delhi
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pathankot to Joginder Nagar

Hi AshisRoy/AshishPuri11,

I am planning to visit Mcleodganj on 16th June 2013. My wife is having problem in traveling in buses and cabs so I am planning to travel by train till Kangra from Pathankot.

Can you please advice the time table to all the trains from Pathankot to Kangra?

Is there any way I can do the advance booking?

Is there any agent who can book ticket for us if we can not book online?

Availability of transport from Kangra to Mcleodganj?

How long its take to reach Kangra by Train from Pathankot and from Kangra to Mcleodganj by road?

Sorry I asked so many questions but I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks you so much for you help in advance.

Nitin Gupta

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pathankot to Joginder Nagar

Hi Nitin,

there are about 6 trains between Pathankot & Kangra. These are all passenger trains & no advance booking facility on this. All boogies are unreserved. You can go to station & buy ticket. Journey between Pathankot & Kangra takes 4.5 to 5.5 hours. For detailed time table, check http://erail.in/

You can take a bus or taxi from Kangra. Approx 25 km can be covered in 1 hr. Would like to add that temperatures in June can be close to 40 degrees in Pathankot & Kangra. Since all boogies are non ac, journey can be long ,tiring & uncomfortable...

Pune, India
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Pathankot to Joginder Nagar

is there direct toy train to manali from pathankot .... or we have to change train in joghinder nagar

Kullu, India
Level Contributor
410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pathankot to Joginder Nagar

Sadly there is no train to manali...

You will have to a cab from jo nagar to kullu or a bus...

8. Re: Pathankot to Joginder Nagar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 14, 2015