We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manali holiday in September last week

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Manali holiday in September last week

HI,

i will be traveling with my wife in last week of September to Manali from Chandigarh. I need following information:

1. Taxi fare from chandigarh to manali and back.

2. should one hire a taxi just to manali or keep it for whole duration of stay. I plan to take a return train to delhi from chandigarh after my trip.

3. going to rohtang would it require to hire 4x4 drive vehicle. possible expense for a good trip and what all to do there.

4. good restaurants in and around manali to eat himachali food.

5. Adventure sport other than para sailing & rafting which can be done in and around manali.

6. place to see and do shopping from.

7. are fruit wines available in Manali, if yes where and which brand to take.

Regards

Saurabh

Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
The Corner House
$$ - $$$, Italian, Chinese, Indian
Il Forno
$$ - $$$, Italian, Pizza
Cafe 1947
$$ - $$$, Italian, Pizza, Cafe
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,195 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manali holiday in September last week

Chandigarh to Manali, stay for 3 days and back to Chandigarh @ Rs.2500 per day for Innova and Rs.1800 for Indica. That incl Manali s/s and Rohtang. Rohtang can be done other than SUV. Authentic himachuli cuisine available near Jana waterfall, about 6 kms from Naggar.

River rafting, river crossing, zorbing, snow scooter riding, skiing can be done. Buy genuine Kullu shawls @ right price from 'Bhuttico' on the mall road.

Edited: 3:40 am, September 14, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
Jana Waterfall
Jana Waterfall
293 Reviews
Manali, India
Kullu
Kullu
Kullu District, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Manali holiday in September last week

Thanks Roy,

For the details these will be very helpful.

I just spoke to a taxi operator in chandigarh and he told me that for rohtang outside taxes are not allowed by local taxi operators, so one has to hire a local taxi.

Naggar seems to be a must visit place.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,195 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manali holiday in September last week

You may hire the cab from JMK Travels, SCO 22,Sector 43D, Chandigarh Aman Anand : 09729289041, 09996161567 (jmk2777@gmail.com) They have vehicles registered under Himachal Pradesh, hence there won't be such problem for Rohtang.

Edited: 4:21 am, September 14, 2012
Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Manali holiday in September last week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:01 am, September 16, 2012
India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,195 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manali holiday in September last week

Bemms

STOP all these spamming in a fake profile.

Edited: 11:49 am, September 15, 2012
6. Re: Manali holiday in September last week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 20, 2013