We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to go to Manali in April 1st Week

Mumbai
6 posts
Save Topic
Planning to go to Manali in April 1st Week

Hello everyone.. Me and my wife are planning to go to Manali for our honeymoon in 1st week of April.

We are planning Delhi - Shimla - Manali - Chandigarh - Delhi (6N/7D). 2N Shimla - 3N Manali - 1N Chandigarh.

1. Can you tell me how would the weather be there?

2. And if we will get to see any snow?

3. Also I understand that Rohtang pass wouldnot be open now, so should we go now or postpone for later, like in June. I have seen the pics and found it amazing.

Being from Mumbai, we dont have the pleasure of experiencing snowfall or seeing snow at all. So thats why it would be exciting for us to see the snow and play around in snow scooters etc.

We are planning to hire an Indigo through a travel agent from Delhi. I think it would be better to travel in a private car for a couple than going in a Volvo.

We plan to go to Delhi via Rajdhani and on return see around Delhi and visit Agra as well.

Bye

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
88 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning to go to Manali in April 1st Week

better go for overnight Volvo Bus from delhi, and book Indigo from Shimla upto chandigarh.,, weather still very cold there, Rohtang closed now but yes you can see snow(at snow-point from Manali)

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
4,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning to go to Manali in April 1st Week

There should be plenty of snow above 3000 meters on the road to the Rothang right now - the road clearing team had to retreat down to Gulaba in heavy snowfall two weeks ago.

Updates at http://korta.nu/manleh

Delhi
Level Contributor
731 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning to go to Manali in April 1st Week

Hi,

Replies in seriatim:

1. Suggest that you either visit Manali or Shimla not both else you will spend too much of time on the road and not much to see. [1full day Delhi to Shimla - 9 hour drive; 1 full day Shimla to Manali - 9to 10 hours; 1 full day to return from Manali to Chandigarh by road - 9 to 10 hours and another 6 hours drive the next day to reach Delhi.] - total 4 full days of driving in a 7 day holiday will be pretty tiring.

2. Better to visit Shimla since it is closer. You could spend 2 to 3 days in Shimla, 2days in Kufri and 2 days in Chail or Naldhera. Enjoy the weather and nature.

3. You may not get any snow in Shimla but the snow near Rohtang will also be pretty dirty because of everyone walking about on it - you may not really enjoy it.

You could even consider travelling from Delhi to Chd by shatabdi.

Mumbai
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning to go to Manali in April 1st Week

Hi..thank you for your replies. I have changed the itinerary accordingly. Start from Chandigarh. Chandigarh - Manali - 4N - Shimla - 2N - Delhi. So 4N at Manali and 2N at Shimla.

Can you tell me the good scenic places that I can see at Manali and also at Shimla. I really hope there wont be much of a crowd there.

Bye

Mumbai
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning to go to Manali in April 1st Week

Thank you for your reply. Can you also suggest if 1 day is enough for sightseeing in Delhi like Qutub Minar, Red Fort etc. and 1 day for Agra. And also if a car is required for going around in Delhi and also for Delhi-Agra.

Bye

6. Re: Planning to go to Manali in April 1st Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 21, 2010