We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

problems in getting to Baroda from Mumbai airport by bus .

Which Vadodara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
problems in getting to Baroda from Mumbai airport by bus .

my flight is 1/27 00:20 arrived at Mumbai international airport.

i plan to go to Baroda by bus(cuz according to some experienced friends,they said that if i have a big luggage,its safer to take a bus than train)

but problems is,i just searched for the bus to Baroda. the schedule showed that the earliest bus is around 1/27 evening.

is it really true what i saw on the website? can i hv earier bus? and should i really need to book the ticket before i arrive? can i buy it when i arrive?

and any bus agency recommended ? r all the bus agency in the same place?

sorry for so many questions.....i go to India by my own....

quite nervous now :S

Edited: 10:23 am, January 11, 2011
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: problems in getting to Baroda from Mumbai airport by bus .

I believe there are a lot of private operators who have buses running between mumbai and baroda(vadodara). One example is Raj travels. Another is Patel Travels, i think. You can search on Raj travels website for timings and also book the tickets, i think.

I also believe Rail travel will be much more faster and comfortable. Travel in 3 tier AC or 2 tier AC if you can. They really offer peace of mind.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: problems in getting to Baroda from Mumbai airport by bus .

U can buy a ticket when you arrive. But I am not sure there will be tickets available. Usually you can get a ticket. But not sure.

Also, there are buses which have pickup points through out Mumbai on the Western Highway.

Where will you be travelling to in Baroda?

I am from Baroda. I have my US Visa interview on the 25th and I will be in Mumbai on the 27th. So, I can enquire if there are tickets available on the 26th.

Do you want me to inquire whether tickets are available for you?

I can call the operator up. They have a office in Baroda.

I am not sure when I will be logging in to this website. I will try to check for your reply after some time.

But if its urgent, you can email me on born4flying@hotmail.com

Take Care. Ciao.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: problems in getting to Baroda from Mumbai airport by bus .

thank you for ur kindness,but i think its not appropriate for me to ask u to book a ticket for me. :-)

my another question is can i buy the train ticket when i arrive? i want my train ticket is AC first class. is it possible?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: problems in getting to Baroda from Mumbai airport by bus .

Oh its perfectly alright.. Its not much of a trouble. Also, I would not suggest you to wait till you arrive to Mumbai for booking the tickets.

I just checked the bus website. I couldnt find any bus departing late at night. I could still call them up and check it out.

But my suggestion would be to check in to a hotel in mumbai (some cheap one to stay the night) and then taking the bus the next day evening.

I just checked the availability of trains. There are no trains on that night and even the ones departing the next morning tomorrow doesnt have tickets available.

5. Re: problems in getting to Baroda from Mumbai airport by bus .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Vadodara