We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days in Ahmedabad

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Two days in Ahmedabad

Hi ,

Am planning to visit Ahmedabad on Jan 30 and 31st. Would like some information.

1. Have read about a heritage tour organised by Gujrat Tourism and the House of MG. Which one is preferred? Do we have to opt for a tour or can it be done independently?

2. Is it possible to cover local sight seeing and Adlaj Vav in a day? Would that be hectic?

3.Are there frequent buses from Ahmedabad to Modhera? I have read that Modhera is best visted early morning hence would like to start off with Modehra , move to Patan then Siddhpur and then head back to Ahmedabad. Is this feasible in a day using public transport?

Thanks,

Chithra

Mentioned in this post
The House of MG
The House of MG
543 Reviews
Ahmedabad, India
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad District, India
vkb
mississippi
Level Contributor
666 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days in Ahmedabad

The Heritage walk organized by the city is very good. It starts at the Swaminarayan Temple in Kalupur. You can call them and get the timings. There is a short film/slide show and then the tour begins with a guide. It is a nice way to explore the old city and learn some history.

You can do some local sight seeing and Adalaj in a day. I would recommend visiting Adalaj and Sarkhej Roja in a day. The heritage walk will cover the old city and Jumma Masjid

Yes, you can visit Modhera and Patan in a day from Ahmedabad with public transport but booking a car is a better option than waiting for a bus.

Mentioned in this post
Sarkhej Roja
Sarkhej Roja
197 Reviews
Ahmedabad, India
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days in Ahmedabad

Hi vkb,

Any idea from where we get buses for Patan and Modhera in Ahmedabad?

So Adlaj Vav and Sarkher Roja take one whole day?

Mentioned in this post
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad
Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two days in Ahmedabad

You can board the buses from Geeta Mandir which is the main Bus Stand at Ahmedabad, Boarding from other points may end out with no seats available. Yes giving one day for adalaj vav and Sarkhej roja will be good. You can also opt for Dekho Amdavad tour offered by Gujarat Tourism. Have a nice trip.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad
Sarkhej Roja
Sarkhej Roja
197 Reviews
Ahmedabad, India
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Two days in Ahmedabad

Hi Abhay,

Checked out the Dekho Amdavad tour , looks nice! We are planning to move to Desert Coursers camp for LRK visit on 31st Jan. I am told there are buses in plenty to Dasada from Ahmedabad ? Will we also get buses directly to Zainabad?

Also, will there be buses available from Dasada/Zainabad to Modhera/Patan ? We plan to go there on 1st Feb. or would it better to get back to Ahmedabad and then proceed ?

Can you suggest some good bus operators in the area? I am looking for a overnight bus from Mehsana to Bhuj .

Mentioned in this post
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad
Bhuj
Bhuj
Kutch District, India
vkb
mississippi
Level Contributor
666 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two days in Ahmedabad

Modhera is on your way from Ahmedabad to Zainabad. You should consider stopping there first.

Desert Coursers is very nice. I do not have any information about buses from Mehsana to Bhuj but I am sure there are other people who will be able to help on that frony

Mentioned in this post
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad
Bhuj
Bhuj
Kutch District, India
6. Re: Two days in Ahmedabad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, January 10, 2015