We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with travel plan

Which Ahmedabad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with travel plan

I am visiting Ahmedabad for 4days 3nighta with family this week. Need help with good stay and local taxi to roam around in city and site seeing ... Plz guide.....

Devpur Kutch
Destination Expert
for Gujarat
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with travel plan

Call up jhonny - 98243 61058 for taxi and stay in Ahmedabad.

Chennai, Tamil...
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with travel plan

There are good taxi options in ahmedabad.

Where the charges were as of July 2012 1800/ 8hrs..

I do not recollect the service providers name though. He had a package for sightseeing which covered almost all the important places..

I think it was manan cabs

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with travel plan

Hey I am going to be in Ahmedabad from the 11th of Novemeber and fly back to UAE on the 17th. I have booked into the Fern for 2 days. I am flexible and want to see what I can in such a short time but also to take it at a liesurely pace. I like to go to the temples in Bhavangar and kutch. Any suggestions ??? also a solo traveller so whats the best way to get around

Many Thanks in advance

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with travel plan

Bhavnagar & Kutch -both r situated in opp.

Seems dificult in two days.. as u also wish some rest moments..

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with travel plan

Hi Thanks for your response. I have 6 days all together. I will be in Ahmeda bad for 2 nights so this is when I thought I can go to Bhavangar on my second day for a day trip. then I can move on my third day to kutch and towards somnath. I like to see rajkot and pobandar too andI hearthe white desert is amazing too. I like to spend time and enjoy the moment rather than rush round and see many different things. Help would be appreciated.

Devpur Kutch
Destination Expert
for Gujarat
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with travel plan

Hi, even for six days to cover Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Kutch, Somanth, Porbandar and Rajkot is a bit too much unless you just spend most of the days in the vehicle.

Here are two options. Option 1

Ahmedabad (1), Ahmedabad (2), Dwarka (3), Somnath / Gir (4 and 5) and Bhavnagar (6). So this is anti clockwise and along the coast of Gujarat.

Option 2

Ahmedabad (1 and 2), Little Rann of Kutch (3), Kutch (3,5, 6). In Kutch you could have one day for Bhuj and surrounding, one day for the Greater Rann of Kutch and one day for the coastal town and beach of Mandvi.

Have a good trip and festive greetings of the season.

7. Re: Need help with travel plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 12, 2013