We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend excursion from Ahmedabad?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
110 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend excursion from Ahmedabad?

I will be working two weeks in Ahmedabad in January, and am thinking about doing a weekend excursion somewhere around with my teenager son. Are there any great places to go? Preferably with train. Something relaxing, exciting and different than Ahmedabad?

Mentioned in this post
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad District, India
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,803 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weekend excursion from Ahmedabad?

Dear Gary, what a nice list of Amdavadi food.

"Buff vada" etley su? Sounds very interesting! Please describe the dish, I will try it next time, or ask my gujju friends for it!!

- Deepa

Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Weekend excursion from Ahmedabad?

Hi Im not sure about the train, but its a 4 hr bus ride on nice AC bus to Udaipur. SO many wonderful places to stay and very different from A'bad. A sea of rooftop cafes and outstanding views of the Lake Palace while dining. See the Monsoon palace for sunset. Take a leisurely boat ride around the lake, enjoy the lovely little shops that wind up and down Hatipol. So many photo ops. Mingle with the locals and many international tourists.

Mentioned in this post
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Monsoon Palace
Monsoon Palace
1,683 Reviews
Udaipur, India
Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Weekend excursion from Ahmedabad?

A great weekend trip from ahmedabad would be to go to Udaipur which is about 4 hours away by taxi or bus.

it is a beautiful city, first on the list of many tourists to india with its lakes and palaces.

Mentioned in this post
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
ahmedabad
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Weekend excursion from Ahmedabad?

There are allot place to see ... Vansda National Park., Ratanmahal and Jessore Sloth Bear sanctuary., City Palace Jaipur., Bazaars in Ajmer ..

check for more @ yreach.com/ahmedabad/…destinations

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
15. Re: Weekend excursion from Ahmedabad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 26, 2011