We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Besides Monsoons ... We'll be beautifying Goa !!

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
Besides Monsoons ... We'll be beautifying Goa !!

A true smile to all of you!!

First and foremost, TripAdvisor can now be nominated for a Nobel Prize.. as it has finally lured me to shake my record breaking laziness and be a part of this outgoing team.

Now coming to the point, this is surely for my personal favor... here you go:

We (Me and my wife) are planning to LIVE our 6 months anniversary in Goa, this July.

After spending hours on the internet (mostly on this site) and traversing various links which all were suggested by The Google, Alila Diwa is the place we have finally finalized. Cozy rooms, In budget; do share in case there are any specific cons. The only thing that is annoying me is that none of the website is providing me a full-fledged package (Flight+Hotel+Sightseeing) with Alila Diwa. Morons!

Anyways, 23rd July - 28th July is the lucky week chosen for the gala event. And since it would be a watery season in July, we are not expecting any beaches, water sports and travelers out there. And Yes, we'll miss it.

Now to move on ... please share your knowledge and show some typing skills on the following:

1. Will there be any "clean" beach for a walk or so? Or watching a romantic sunset?

2. The don't miss places of Goa (Obviously during July)

3. Night Clubs / Discotheques

4. How safe is it during night hours to roam around in Goa?

5. Places to eat out (Indian + Vegetarian only)

6. Are there any car rental services available in Goa? Any comments on their charges?

7. Medical facilities near Alila or otherwise in Goa? (Pray that we don’t need them)

Now there is a "little" twist in the tale. We are 3 (my wife is 19 weeks pregnant and "the little one" is planned to be released in November this year). Thus since this would be our last trip before his/her premier, I expect your sincere help to plan a best of Goa. Not to mention, we will treat this trip as a relaxing one but wont accept in confusing this as "A Trip to Alila Diwa" than "A Trip to GOA".

Cheers.

-

Blind Dreamer.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Besides Monsoons ... We'll be beautifying Goa !!

Hi again,

I've never visited in the WET July as I like to visit in the HOT December. As Gel states the shuttle is on demand and free, I understand they run this service all year but probably less in demand!

Forgot to mention there is a lovely spa at the AD, I'm sure your better half would enjoy a couple of treatments.

I agree with the previous poster that Fish Ka was hit and miss but always found the food good when you eventually got it.

Could also get a taxi - approx 30 minutes to Cavelossim for further restaurant eperiences and shopping.

Taxis are always expensive directly outside the hotel but walk down to Martins Corner and you'll find much cheaper alternatives.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Besides Monsoons ... We'll be beautifying Goa !!

Brian, Gel, Wolf & Balimoon,

Many thanks again for your dedication.

For the restaurants, I now have many KNOWN names when we'll hit the floor.

BTW, can North Goa be explored in a day? Again, not sure on how much time it takes and what are the places to look around. I know it cant be fully explored but visiting any of the BEST ONES could be an option. Whats your say on this?

Keep posting more information or Things not to be missed.

Cheers.

-

Blind Dreamer.

Edited: 4:57 am, July 02, 2012
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Besides Monsoons ... We'll be beautifying Goa !!

Here are some suggestions for food:

South Goa - Arossim - opp Hyatt Gate - BALTON'S

North Goa - Calangute - near the 'steps' leading to the beach - SOUZA LOBO; it may take you 1 hour or slightly more to reach Calangute from South Goa

Menus look like this:

South:

…blogspot.in/2011/10/menus-happy-days-are-he…

Calangute:

…blogspot.in/2011/12/goa-menus-calangute.html

Enjoy your holiday..!!

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Besides Monsoons ... We'll be beautifying Goa !!

Happy to see so much (include me) Foodies out here !!

Thanks guys .... <burrrp> !!

Anyways, now can you guys give me a place to groove ... ??

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Besides Monsoons ... We'll be beautifying Goa !!

All of Goa grooves.

It's in the air!

- Jyoti

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Besides Monsoons ... We'll be beautifying Goa !!

BlindDreamer

You'll be in food heaven here!

For grooving, try Cafe Cape Town (on Tito's Lane) and Carvela, both in Baga.

Hope you both have a ball!

Wolf

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Besides Monsoons ... We'll be beautifying Goa !!

Okay... so here is the consolidated itenary of MUST DO things as per you guys:

For food:

Martins' Corner / Fish Ka / Alex's Place / Cameron's / BALTON'S / SOUZA LOBO / many more..

[You guys gave me TOO Options than expected. Thanks to all !!]

For Grooving:

Cafe Cape Town / Carvela

[As per expectations. Limited options based on personal taste. So... Never Mind !!]

To roam around or visiting places

Old Goa & Basilica of Bom Jesus (ONLY)

Seems like Goa is a place only for foodies.. is that so??

C'mmon guys, I know you all can do it. Tell me some more things/places to look out for in Goa..

Here are some areas that I require more information:

1. Forts (I know they are time pass but I can manage some time for them)

2. Churches (Best ones only)

3. Place where Dil Chahta Hai was shot.

4. Any other Scenic view point (Beautiful of-course)

Apart from this, can you guys help me in preparing an itenary for my 5 day trip to this heaven? Or at least tell me if there exists any that I can steal over the internet.

Cheers!

18. Re: Besides Monsoons ... We'll be beautifying Goa !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 21, 2013