We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marquis Beach Resort

-
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Marquis Beach Resort

Hi, I'm going to Goa in february for the first time. I'm stying at the Marquis beach resort and I would be greatful if someone who knows this hotel could tell me their thoughts of it.

Thanx, Tanja

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Sugar Shack
Other Food & Drink
Church of Our Lady Of Hope
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
The Cabo Palace
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Scotland
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marquis Beach Resort

Hi Tanja. Stayed at the Marquis a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much. Nice little hotel, nice pool with the main restaurant close by. It is worth paying a little extra to get one of the upper floor (hotel is 2-storied) rooms looking out over beautiful gardens towards the sea. The gardens are magnificent and it is worth trying out the hammocks. In 2006 there was some additional enhancement work being done at the outdoor restaurant which has a beautiful setting overlooking the beach last year. The hotel gardens open directly on to the beach via a private gate. The poolside has enchanting hat-shaped umbrellas. The only drawback we felt was that the hotel is located a mile or more from the centre of the action in Candolim - this is not a major obstacle but does entail having to take taxis (although cheap) all the time.Taxis are available outside the hotel entrance. Take a torch with you as there are few pavements and lots of grit, potholes and cows lying about. The electricity supply is unrealiable - the hotel will provide you with an emergency candle and matches!

Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
Sheffield England
Level Contributor
896 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marquis Beach Resort

Hi Tanja stayed there the last 3 years very good, could you tell me which tour company you booked with cause we tried to get in for Feb and know one seemed to be doing it.WE are staying at the Sonesta.It will be our 14th time in Goa you will love it,let me know if you want anymore info

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marquis Beach Resort

Tanja,

You have picked a great spot, one of the best along that stretch of coast, and its location about a mile from the centre of Candolim is certainly not a drawback but a definite advantage. You can easily walk into Candolim during the evening but I guarantee you won't stay long and will want to head back towards the quieter end.There are some good restaurants nearby, I can personally recommend Stonehouse and Flambee. For a good, cheap meal in Goa's equivalent of a greasy spoon, try Alma's just down the lane from the Marquis, they do the best chicken tikka biryani ever.

The Marquis is a nice place and it is one of he few spots in north Goa which leads directly onto the beach form its very pretty, shaded gardens.

If you need a taxi, ask for Robert whose sister Angela runs the Dolphin shack near to the Marquis. He is a lovely guy and has a fab new a/c taxi.His rates are reasonable and he is a good driver.

Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
-
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marquis Beach Resort

Thank you so very much for the replies. I'm really looking forward to the trip. I'm hoping that it will be my paradise on earth. Thank's for the tip on the taxi driver. I'll remember to ask for him when we're there.

Tanja

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
896 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marquis Beach Resort

Love Alma's the egg Biriani is very good and Robert is great love His new taxi Calamari shack is good enjoy it

Southampton...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Marquis Beach Resort

Can anybody give me the contact details for this hotel?

Email address would be good.

Spain
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Marquis Beach Resort

Hi There

Can you please tell me what company you booked through - I cannot find the Marquis anywhere!! Went two years ago and it was awesome.

-
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marquis Beach Resort

Hi,

I booked it through a Finnish travel agency called Finnmatkat. This website has also some info about booking a room at the www.gogoa.com/marquis.html

Tanja

Spain
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Marquis Beach Resort

Thanks Tanja

Great help. Will try again - although it looks like we will be staying at the Victor if I have no luck. Have an awesome time!!!

Have a Honeybee for me.......

10. Re: Marquis Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, August 22, 2009