We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bag snatchers in goa

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
bag snatchers in goa

please be very vigil whilst walking late at night in goa..especially ladies with hand bags or shoulder bags.. walk with them over your inside shoulder as unfortunately ther e have been recent reports of bag snatchers on motorbikes riding past and dragging these off ladys shoulders.. if the bag is not on the shoulder on the outside they cannot get them!!!these are not i repeat.. goan men doing this these are people from other states who see eurpean ladies as an easy target..taxi drivers have even chased them ..they swap the plates on the bikes and away they go.very proffessional thieves. the goan people would love to catch these believe me!!! just be aware of this and keep your bag safe,, thanx ,have agreat holiday it is a wonderful place..

Viceroy's Arch
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Architectural Buildings
Sugar Shack
Other Food & Drink
Church of Our Lady Of Hope
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,801 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bag snatchers in goa

I endorse what John has said as this happened to me in Candolim last year and I had my bag stolen along with my mobile phone and the hotel and safe keys plus some cash. It's probably best not to take a bag at all or use a bum bag as it's much safer.

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bag snatchers in goa

thanks gemma..better to be safe than sorry.. a bum bag ideal, or money in your pocket ,out of sight , ideal..i actually met an elderly lady outside brunos shop in candolim/ opposite donna alcina .etc. she was quite badly shaken .lost money, keys, camera. etc.her rep had told her this was the 3rd snatch in a week!!!. please be careful.

3. Re: bag snatchers in goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Candolim