We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good tailor in candolim

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
good tailor in candolim

Hi

We are going to Goa for christmas and new year 2006, any ideas where we can find a good tailor. Only want shirts and blouses made - nothing speacial.

thanks

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
555 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good tailor in candolim

I Had 2 suits and a leather coat made in Super Tailors in Candolim I chose them because they didn't want any payment until I was happy with the goods. Some are asking for large deposits

Derby, England
Level Contributor
372 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good tailor in candolim

Yeah my man used them and there exerlant suites, I would recomend hagerling on price as he thinks he paid too much

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
896 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good tailor in candolim

Yes we use super tailor he is very good and quik have a great time

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
896 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good tailor in candolim

i mean quick

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good tailor in candolim

Supertailor is excellent. We had a suit, extra jacket, 6 shirts and a sari top made last time, and went straight back to him again this year for another Sari top, 3 shirts and a Chiffon Saloir (type thing... I keep forgetting the proper name for the full outfit... the tunic with the trousers and scarf). He remembers everything he's ever made!

You can haggle a little with him, but he doesn't ridiculously overcharge with his first quote. We didn't haggle and got the Saloir for about £13 and the shirts were about £6 each.

Scotland
Level Contributor
417 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good tailor in candolim

Supertailor measured me for a shirt at 1100 hours one day, and it was ready by 1600 hours the same day. I was so pleased with it that I chose another two materials and they were both ready the next morning. The cost was £6 a shirt, which I am sure I could have got cheaper, but I am fed up having to visit tailors night after night only to be asked to come back the next night. Then like a miracle on the last night of your trip your things are ready. Too bad if there is anything wrong, because you will be home before you notice.

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: good tailor in candolim

goansoon u r dead rite.evrything ready at the last minute ...and i mean the last minute... had a couple of leathers made there lookedgood ,felt good, smelt good, back home 2 wks and both linings have came out...not to worry su will get them back over his head in january ..,,.,.he just rushes evrything,,,, more laid back than the spanish he is...haggle ,haggle.......oh and he is a friend.,.,.

south wales uk
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: good tailor in candolim

Ther are tailors doted all along Candolim Road.

Some advertised Prices.

Suites 40 quid

Skirts 20

Blouses 15

Shirts 5

Trousers 5

Ask in your hotel or in the bars for recomendations.

Check out what they have already made for quality.

If you have a favorite item of clothing take it with you and have it copied, or take a picture of what you want and have it made.

Went into one tailors and he had the current Next catalouge and was making leather coats at a fith of the price, made to measure.

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: good tailor in candolim

quite right ..but 7 of those shops take your orde1rs and guess what,,there all made at super tailors factory shop!!!!!! all am saying is if your happy with the quality and price great u have a bargain .. just be a little cautious!! candolim, calangute, bagga are all tourist resorts,,ive had coats made in mapusa for half the price ,, better quality,, if u buying say 3 leathers and three suits u.d save around 130£!!!! buy some kingfishers and tiger oprawns with that!!!!

10. Re: good tailor in candolim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Candolim