We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I change my money first?

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
derry
5 posts
Save Topic
Should I change my money first?

Going to Goa with my partner at the start of April, just wanna know would I be best advised to change all my money before going or wait until I get out there.Any tips of temples, shrines etc which are easy to get to, from Candolim would also be really appreciated.Cheers, Davy

England
Level Contributor
272 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I change my money first?

Davy,

You will have to wait until you get to Goa to change money, you can't get rupees outside of India. Don't bother changing money at the airport, it's a rip-off, wait 'til you get to your resort. Have a great time!

Essex
Level Contributor
304 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I change my money first?

Another tip - do not change all your money at once. Firstly who would need a suitcase to carry it around and secondly you will probably spend far less than you thought. I always seem to bring some back with me so only change it as I go. An initial amount of say 200 euros will go a long way. You are not supposed to bring rupees back with you and in any case if you do not intend to go again, there would be no point. Have a great time.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
642 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I change my money first?

Davy

if staying in Candolim try the Elephant shop for money exchange - were were there last month and always got the best rates there

Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations