We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thinking about Goa next April

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan,Lancs
Level Contributor
189 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
thinking about Goa next April

Hi,wer are thinking of going to Candolim next Easter(tied in with the school holiday's),we have never been to Goa before and apart from what weve heard from some friends,who have only been to the south we don't know much about it.I believe that the weather should be okay at that time of year,but is it the sort of place to take the kid's to?One is 12 and the other 15 by the way.Any info gratefully recieved.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
17,977 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: thinking about Goa next April

:-) :-) there really are some really helpfull people in here who love Goa and want all who visit to make the most of a trip to paradise :-)

Wigan,Lancs
Level Contributor
189 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: thinking about Goa next April

Goanluv,thank's for your reply,we've booked it and will be staying at the Highland Beach Resort,got it for a great price as well considering it's the Easter holidays,it's ended up costing only a couple of hundred quid more than it would have cost us going to the Canaries!My daughter is really excited after I told her about the monkey's and the elephant's!

I'll probably pester the life out of you for more info before we go!

Chester le Street
Level Contributor
45 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: thinking about Goa next April

Hi, We went Easter this year with our 7 year old son and stayed in Candolim which is a lovely resort. Fantastic restaurants, great shopping and a very good base I believe. Not far from Panjim, the capital which is definitely worth going for the shopping. Be careful to choose your accommodation wisely though - we heard some horror stories. We stayed at the Highland Beach Hotel which was fine, but certainly not luxurious. The standard of accommodation is generally quite low - just a word of warning. Your children are quite grown up in comparison to ours and will enjoy the atmosphere in the evenings. Candolim is a great, bustling resort which looks lovely in the evenings with lights everywhere and some lovely eating places.

The people are fantastic, very friendly and will make you very welcome. Try Bonos Beach Shack on Candolim beach - very low prices and wonderful food - the staff were brilliant. Your children will love the spice plantation tour and the Elephant Sanctuary. Also try Mackies Night Market on every Saturday night which has a lovely atmosphere. It has a great setting overlooking the lake (but beware the biting ants - wear covered shoes, not sandals if you can or keep your feet up when you are sitting...). There is a bar, lots of nice food and live music.

The weather is very hot at that time of the year because it is coming up to monsoon time but we managed OK - take very high factor with you and wear your hats! If you do become ill while you are there (and a lot of people do) go straight to the chemist - don't try and treat yourself with immodium and everything else. The chemist will most definitely give you some orange tablets which seem to be a miracle cure for everyone! Everyone was telling us about them - I suspect a lot of people pick up a strain of e-coli and it doesn't matter how scrupulous you are and how careful you choose your food etc. you will almost certainly talk to someone who has been ill. Don't delay like I did - go straight away - these tablets are an antibiotic and kill the bacteria in the gut straight away and you will eventually need them if you are ill (hopefully you will be lucky and not need them..).

Have a great holiday and take very few clothes with you - nobody dresses up and you can buy ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING you could possibly need at a fraction of the price you would pay at home.

Chester le Street
Level Contributor
45 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: thinking about Goa next April

Sorry - meant to say - if you want to email me with any more info., please feel free and I'll answer what I can.

15. Re: thinking about Goa next April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations