We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whispering Palms A/I or Santana BB

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Whispering Palms A/I or Santana BB

Hi Guys,

First timers to Goa, fancy the north as I do like to get out there and see the culture and belive the north is alittle bit busier? Cant decide on either of the above hotels?!

Is it best to go a/i or b&B? Cant decide, traveling in November and would really appreciate any comments or tips etc! Also would love to do some excursions, preferably booking local?

Many thanks in advance,

Rachel :)

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
679 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whispering Palms A/I or Santana BB

First time we went we stayed AI it Whispering Palms, but thereare so many cheap places to eat we hardly ate in the hotel. The free booze finished at 11pm although the bar was still open. We now go Self Catering and just hire an apartment.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whispering Palms A/I or Santana BB

B & B everytime and the Santana is a superb hotel.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whispering Palms A/I or Santana BB

Most visitors I know go B&B and the few have done A/I on their first visit don't tend to do it again, unless it comes as a free extra. You will get good value from a B&B deal.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whispering Palms A/I or Santana BB

Hi Rachel

As the above posters have said most people go B&B or stay in a guest house, but if the AI price is cheaper than B&B then go for it, you don't have to stay inside the hotel all of the time.

As for excursions, it is better and cheaper to do them locally with a taxi driver or an local agent.

Johns boat tours in Candolim gets recommended quite a bit on here although i havent used them myself.

http://www.johnboattours.com/

Have fun...............

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Whispering Palms A/I or Santana BB

Thank you for all your replies, my hands are tied with flying with the dreaded "MONARCH" though :(, any ideas? lol

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whispering Palms A/I or Santana BB

Hi

Why are you stuck with Monarch?

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whispering Palms A/I or Santana BB

Less than 9 hours there and direct so get your head down, they aint as bad as that. I survived! Lol

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Whispering Palms A/I or Santana BB

they are the only company flying on the day I want with the hotel i want :( Santana Beach flying on sat 9 november 13

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,890 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whispering Palms A/I or Santana BB

I'd only go AI to Goa if the price was less, same or slightly more than B&B as I'd probably only have the odd beer and G&T in the hotel.

So what is the price difference between AI @ WP and B&B @ Santana?

To put things into persepective, large (1 pint) beers are (depending where you drink, obviously) around £1.25 and a large G&T (60ml) around £1.30 - £1.40.

Which hotel do you actually prefer? If the prices were similar, I'd choose the one that had better reviews and/or was in the best location for me.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Whispering Palms A/I or Santana BB

Thans for your reply, the santana beach and the whispering palms both have good reviews! santana beach is b and b and is only £886 each inc flight (monarch) :( the whispering Palms is AI and is £1298.

What would you do? Ive never been to Goa so slightly concerned about making the right choice!

I apprceiate any comments and advice your willing to give :)

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations