We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzies on the TV.

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Mozzies on the TV.

Anybody see the new BBC1 Holiday prog last night? In one bit, they tested the theory that Vitamin B, Marmite, Yeast or the like keep mossies away. A brave doctor ate all of those, and Angela Rippon covered her hands and arms with a DEET repellent, then both stuck there hands in a box of hungry mossies. Angela no bites, the doctor over 20.

So stick with the chemicals folks- marmite didn't work!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzies on the TV.

I always use deet and don't get bit mind marmite would keep me away can't stand the stuff.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzies on the TV.

Yeah good experiment Ned.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mozzies on the TV.

gross wasnt it seeing the moz fill up urghhh . holiday hit squad it was called .

ned im sure i saw you on a thomson flight the yesterday , prob wasnt so didnt want to make a total n0b out of myself

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mozzies on the TV.

It certainly was gross, therobster. Not just biting you, but excreting the stuff it didn't like out of it's backside onto you. Charming!

Not been on a Thomson flight for while, so it wasn't me. Probably Rolf Harris. It's Thos Cook from Manchester this Sunday for us, weather permitting.

Southampton
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mozzies on the TV.

I saw this last night, was most interesting! I didn't know it was just the females that bite. Was I the only one that cringed when they put their hands in the box to see who would get bitten?

YUK

Southport
Level Contributor
161 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mozzies on the TV.

yea, watched it- gross! Horrible little blighters them mozzies. We always used the sprays and wear long pants and sleeves in the evenings and no perfume, they like smelly people!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
327 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mozzies on the TV.

I fed Deet to the Memsahib and she got bitten by a Marmite!

Paymonger

8. Re: Mozzies on the TV.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations