We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
visa for child

Sent my grand daughters application off Tuesday, sent signed consent letter, birth certificate,copy of mums passport and all the checklists. My daughter had phone call today, they want photo id of my grand daughters father, I put a note in the application explaining he didn't hold a passport or drivers license. They say need photo id or the application may be rejected, she said to send email confirming he hasn't got any photo id and they decide yes or no, what should I do??? Or should I phone first before I send the email, just that I can never understand them on the phone???

Why do they need fathers photo id when he's not even traveling??

Confused and stressed .com !!

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: visa for child

still no visa!! Sent solicitors letter Monday special delivery, phoned premium rate number again this morning as not had any update on the online tracker, told to phone back after 1.30pm as that is when the system is updated. Unable to phone because at work, but checked online and it now says, document received and resubmitted for decision. Fingers crossed !!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: visa for child

What a palaver, must have cost you a fortune, good luck.

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: visa for child

finally got message that the visa is processed and dispatched, fingers crossed !!

Bridlington
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: visa for child

Good luck Egwina. Hope you enjoy the holiday now.

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: visa for child

Finally got my grand daughters visa back today, can now relax and look forward to going on the 17th :-)

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,657 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: visa for child

Really pleased you've finally got it after all the hoops you've had to jump through. Hope you all have a fabulous time.

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: visa for child

thank you :-))))

18. Re: visa for child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Candolim