We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa for child

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
visa for child

Sent my grand daughters application off Tuesday, sent signed consent letter, birth certificate,copy of mums passport and all the checklists. My daughter had phone call today, they want photo id of my grand daughters father, I put a note in the application explaining he didn't hold a passport or drivers license. They say need photo id or the application may be rejected, she said to send email confirming he hasn't got any photo id and they decide yes or no, what should I do??? Or should I phone first before I send the email, just that I can never understand them on the phone???

Why do they need fathers photo id when he's not even traveling??

Confused and stressed .com !!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa for child

More hoops to jump through eggwina, it will be his shoe size next! Good luck

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visa for child

sent email today.........after phoning the premium rate number, because tried constantly ringing the non premium number, but no one answered!! The lady said there was nothing on the application saying more info needed, but to send email confirming that the childs father doesn't have any official photo id. So fingers crossed everything goes ok, the little one is so excited about going, she will be gutted if they decline the visa>

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa for child

You could try a solicitors letter verifying a signed photo of him. Expensive but keep a copy for future years. I've had all this in the past with vfs, had to track down errant ex to Spain once!! Thankfully my daughters over 16 now.

Lydd, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
489 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa for child

They seem to be doing odd things where children are concerned we went with my son his wife and daughter and when we applied for their visa's they insisted that they had a letter from both parents to say it was ok for her to go out the country even though they were both traveling with her at the time

Edited: 6:33 am, January 26, 2013
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa for child

We are having same trouble. We are travelling on the 19th feb with two granddaughters under 16. I have had a whole lot of trouble getting documents for the girls as one,s father is deceased thus needing a death cert. and the other one,s father has long been absent, with no knowledge of his whereabouts. I have had to use a private agency as time is short. I sent all relevant documents to high commission which were asked for on the checklist. They have rejected the one who,s father is absent ,although we have a solicitors letter and child benefit letter, they now require. A court child custody letter! Which on the checklist is only asked for if the parents are divorced which in our case is not so. As there was no court case in respect of the child we are at a loss now of what to do. How can we tell a 13 year old that she cannot go on holiday with us because of all this.

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: visa for child

still not got ours back. Just checked online and it says it has been processed and sent to the Embassy !!! We had to send confirmation email to say that her dad doesn't have any photo identification, which he doesn't!!! Can't give what we haven't got. Felt quite optimistic till I just read your post. Now expecting it to come back refused and wanting solicitors letter. Can you fill me in on the solicitors letter?? what needs to be put and from my daughters solicitor or my grand daughters dad?? Also benefits letter, is that just a copy of her entitlements ?? Just to prepare for the worst scenario. Hope you get yours sorted soon, at least we got a bit more time, don't go till 17th march !!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,862 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa for child

@ Eggwina

usually when you get the message 'processed and sent to Embassy' it's good news. HCI put the visa stamp in passports.

However, as your case is quite complicated, it may have gone there for further consideration so I wouldn't like to get your hopes up.

I hope it's good news for you.

@ Paddy:

So sorry to hear about all the trouble you're having.

Can't the agency you used help you out?

You are paying for a value-added service and this is definitely the time they should be stepping up to give value.

Can't they ring VFS & explain that a court custody letter does not exist?

If they can't/won't contact VFS on your behalf, I'd try emailing VFS to explain the situation.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted out in time.

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: visa for child

well still no news, checked on line and it still says application processed and sent to HCI for assessment. If no news by Monday evening will have to phone again :-(

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: visa for child

finally got an update on the visa.......on hold until further documents received!!!! They now want a solicitors letter to verify her fathers consent letter and signature. Luckily been able to get it today and will be posted tomorrow, so fingers crossed!!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,862 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: visa for child

Sounds a bit more positive, Eggwina.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations