We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Curry house ??

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
100 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Best Curry house ??

Can anyone please advise as to the Best Curry House in Candolim ??

Kind Regards

Fallen on Hard Times
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Best Curry house ??

We went to a restaurant called The Curry House on our last holiday in December. Out of Santana, hit the road, turn right towards Kingfisher Villa and it was a hundred yards of so from the turning. There was a group playing music.

So if I'm correct that restaurant is called The Curry House and if I'm not mistaken there is a restaurant near The Mermaid - heading towards The Mermaid from the main road, just before The Mermaid there is a lane/road to the right and on the left side is a restaurant and I'm sure it too is called "The Curry House?" We had a quick look inside on one of our trips to The Mermaid, the place was empty, after we'd eaten in The Mermaid we had another look and it was still empty.

I think The Curry House shown as one of the #Ranked# restaurants is actually on the Candolim Beach Road?

Could someone please clarify this. We were happy with the one we went to, near Santana/Kingfisher, we more or less stumbled into it because we were walking along the road during a power cut. We found the music much too loud but the food was adequate.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Best Curry house ??

The Curry House we went to quite a few times was heading towards Kingfisher Villa,(very close) some entertainment on most nights! The Stone House is on the opposite side of the road we had a few nice curries there too, but be warned if you sit upstairs the mozzies like a feed too! but we really did enjoy the food at The C H........All the places we ate at were good and I would go back to most of them.If we have a choice between All/In and B/B or room only I would not do A/I you wont go hungry here.............

hereford
Level Contributor
447 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Best Curry house ??

I believe there are 3 Curry House restaurants in Candolim, the one we use is also the big one closest to Kingfisher Villa. They have a big menu to suit all tastes, so if you are all curried out there are plenty of other choices. They are also happy to do a take away for you, will even loan you plates, knives and forks etc.

The entertainment is usually a good laugh, there is everything from Irish Vals Kareoke night to the Rajhastani band and dancers.

Baga, India
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Best Curry house ??

bump

hereford
Level Contributor
447 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Best Curry house ??

Haven't heard of a restaurant called 'Bump' where is it Hugh?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
327 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Best Curry house ??

My choice would always be Floyd's Hut opposite Guru jewlers at the Magnum centre. Our good friends Mzungu and Mama Mzee however have drifted to Kalingas.

Knowing Mzungu and Mama as I do they will be on to a good thing!

So next trip I will try Kalingas. Can't wait - drooling at the mouth! Oh no thats old age dribble!

Happy Hols. Paymonger.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Best Curry house ??

Isn't it great that there are so many lovely places to choose from in Candolim? I like it that each chef will have their own recipies and specialities, and you don't always get the same standard dish, so you may have a favorite for tikka and a different one for vindaloo, dupiaza or whatever you fancy. It's also great that you can afford to deviate from the normal dishes. I might not try something new in Cov at £9 or so, but for 200 rupees I'll experiment!

Edited: 9:37 am, January 22, 2013
Liverpool England
Level Contributor
100 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Best Curry house ??

Absolutley TriuumphNed, thank you to all contributors for your wisdom, it is indeed a mecca for experimenting and enjoying fantastic spicy food Nom, Nom, Nom, lol :-)

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Best Curry house ??

There are actually 5 (or is it 6?) ‘The Curry House’ now in Candolim. We stopped for a drink on our way back from the beach one day at the bar/rest opposite Teama (the one before you get to Alexanders) and it is now ‘The Curry House’. They all have the same blue sign and the waiter told me they had only just taken over that spot so now had 5 or 6 in Candolim – can’t remember exactly how many as I was more interested in my G&T at the time!

Kalinga was one of our favourites but, as usual, we didn’t have a bad meal in the 3 weeks were there.

For any Kolapuri fans, you must try the beef kolapuri from the Ocean Beach Cafe in Beach Road!

Feeling hungry!!!!!!

x

Lancashire
Level Contributor
95 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Best Curry house ??

Can't settle on one but one I always return to is the Plantain Leaf.

Zero ambience, cheap as chips and delicious every time - especially the thalis

Edited: 1:21 pm, January 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations