We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monkeys

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Preston
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Monkeys

Are Monkeys ever seen in candolim ? We were in a very woody part this year and never saw any, wondered if anyone else had.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monkeys

Never seen any, plenty at the waterfall though, one nicked my lunch!

Copenhagen
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Monkeys

Seen them in Arambol.. Not nice cute small ones like at the waterwall though.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monkeys

Loads in south Goa off the beaten track and if you go inland in the north.

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monkeys

I have seen monkeys just down the road from the airport early morning. That is on the way to the Three Kings church up the hill.

Also see some dead ones on the highway there if it is early morning. They must have been hit crossing the road in the night.

hereford
Level Contributor
447 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monkeys

Yes we saw a few last year on the road down to Palm and Sands,not on the road obviously they were in the trees. There are also some that are regular visitors to the garden where our apartment is. We had one on the roof of our balcony last year, he was making a right racket!!! - didnt see him though my O/H insisted the door was closed, he was petrified he was going to come in lol

Peterborough
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Monkeys

There are quite a few near Boscos hospital, also saw two near Moonlight a couple of years ago.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monkeys

Not seen any myself in Candolim but someone at our hotel claimed to have seen some the other year on wasteground adjacent to hotel

Preston
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monkeys

I shall keep looking then when we go back next year !

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monkeys

There's a load of them at the north end of Palolem (at the Dreamcatcher to be specific), adults and youngsters. I am staying well away from that end of Palolem......

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monkeys

Yes - we stayed in San francisco Holiday Home and most evenings 2 Monkeys would come and have a drink from the swimming pool then go on their way. This property is just off the main Candolim road near Raffles so very central and busy area.. It was brilliant to see them.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations