We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

johns boat tours

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
gateshead
Level Contributor
176 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
johns boat tours

Fancy doing a couple of trips with johns boat trips in Feb next year.Like the look of the crocodile river trip and theGrand Island trip.Anyone been on them?Or anyone any advice.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: johns boat tours

Did the croc trip and its a nice sail down the river we only saw one croc and he/she was lethargic to say the least but it was enjoyable and I always find johns boat tours well run .

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: johns boat tours

John runs the best trips and he is fully insured.Local man,started from small beginnings and has built up his company through sheer hard work.

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: johns boat tours

I have been on a few with John, over the years, would recommend his trips.

Mims

gateshead
Level Contributor
176 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: johns boat tours

thanks to all replies,gives us a bit of confidence when booking to get some positive views.cheeers

Whitby
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: johns boat tours

We booked the overnight at cola beach with him and it ur. Like clock work. Paid 5200 rps each but this included all travel accommodation and meals (lunch dinner and beakfast) you could have ordered as much food as you wanted for thier main menu except lobster. The trips to kola beach are run by Johnson certain days but if you wanted to do it and pick a Thursday like us, we got our own 4x4 for the 3 of us that was a/c and very spacious.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: johns boat tours

Can't comment on your trips, Tony, as we've never done those particular ones but we usually book with Johns Boat Tours, went to Hampi in Nov (3 days/2 nights) and it was very well organised.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: johns boat tours

We have done the Cola beach, Overnight boat on the river and Grand Island trips all with Johns boats, loved them all, just be aware on the Island trip, no toilets either on boat or island, could be a long day if you have an upset tummy.

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: johns boat tours

Hi,

Went on trips with Johns Boat tours last year. Could not fault them and will definately book through him again.

Bridgnorth...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: johns boat tours

I am in candolim from Jan 1st for 2 weeks,can anyone advise me on the best places for fishing, is there rivers or pools to fish,what is beach fishing like. Thanks Mick.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: johns boat tours

we've been on the croc trip (many years ago) and the Grand Island.

The Crocodile trip did turn up a few crocs, but there's also a lot of birdlife to see/photo and it's an interesting & relaxing trip.

Grand Island was a good day out, and nice to stop at a quiet beach. The only thing I should mention is the tiny jellyfish in the water when you snorkel off the boat. It wasn't bad enough to warrant getting out, but you got a constant prickling feeling from the microscopic stings.

We've also done Cola - wonderful place,stunning beach with a fresh water lagoon- though a lot of dew made our clothing and bedding sopping wet. Possibly caused by an unlucky spot, as I've never heard of anyone else experiencing this.

We've also done Devbagh Island in Karnataka with Daytrippergoa - this is a great overnight trip to a log cabin & deserted beach

Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations