We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent jeweller. Candolim,

scotland
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Decent jeweller. Candolim,

can anyone recommend a jewellers in candolim or calangute,not looking to spend a fortune but would like to get something nice/unusual,Any help with this would be most gratefully received. Cheers.

Viceroy's Arch
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Architectural Buildings
Church of Our Lady Of Hope
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Bristol
Level Contributor
67 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

The OH has bought various diamond jewellery, all of it made to her design (usually a copy of something) at The Crystal Rock Shop in Candolim. Always been good quality and good prices.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
816 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

Used a number of jewellers on the CCB strip and whilst happy with all we have used, Perry at Living Jewels is a top guy, very genuine and helpful. We took photos from internet of top quality his/hers wedding rings last year for Perr to replicate, the designs were quite intricate and we were completely satisfied with the end result, good quality heavy 18ct rings for a third of internet prices.

Littlehampton...
Level Contributor
78 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

Can i ask when you get a valuation back at home do you have to pay if they put it in print for you? I only ask because we tried one jewelers when we got back and he asked for £80 if he printed it for us ........we have only tried one i will add.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
816 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

Gazza not an expert by any means but from previous experience jewellers do tend to charge more for written valuations, one we have used in fact charged four times the amount he would charge for verbal valuations. A lot depends what you want the valuation for i.e. if its just to satisfy yourself that you havent been ripped off maybe a verbal would suffice but if it is for insurance you perhaps ought to consider written together with photographic evidence. I have heard of jewellers charging up to 1% of the value which is a lot of money in my opinion. I am sure others on TA will have varying experiences.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
816 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

Meant to put up to 10% not 1% lol

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

The best advice you can have is to visit Rocky in Calangute. He is an honest jeweller but best of all he is local and there all year round. We have found that the UK value is double for all pieces bought over several years. Rocky will also carry out repairs and cleaning (the cleaning is free of charge).Workmanship and finishing of pieces is excellent. Designs are also made to order.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,587 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

Gazza

For a real valuation your jewelery needs to be sent to an assay office, this is done through a jeweler, for eg Ernest Jones, they do charge about 50 GBR per item.

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

I have used a few different Jewellers over the years,

but Last 4/5 years have been using John at Mir Jewellers,

down the lane to The Highland Beach resort, on the left side.

Have had semi prescious stones made, necklaces, rings etc,

I had a Dimaond heart made last year, and i love it...

If you call in and see him, he is not pushy, a very quiet salesman...he will copy anything for you.

Would def recommend.

Mims

goa
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

I bought a beautiful white gold diamond ring last year at Guru and im more than satisfied,not had it valued as yet,but its a beauty,going back next year and yes I will be back to there shop.

Rotherham
Level Contributor
279 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

Me and my friends and used Gulzar in Candilim for years. High quality and always valued a lot more than we paid. We take our own designs and have them made up.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim