We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent jeweller. Candolim,

scotland
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Decent jeweller. Candolim,

can anyone recommend a jewellers in candolim or calangute,not looking to spend a fortune but would like to get something nice/unusual,Any help with this would be most gratefully received. Cheers.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

We have used Living Jewels, near the Panjim road junction.

We, and several friends have used them over 7 years and things have always been valued very well over here. We took a photo of a diamond ring we wanted copying and they matched it exactly at a third of the UK price.

We spoke with several jewellers before we settled on Living Jewels. Some are using very ropey stones. Take an eyeglass or ask to use theirs and examine things carefully. You can see that some of the diamonds being offered were badly flawed when viewed through the glass.

Do some research online about what to look for. I think most jewellers have a stock of "B" grade stuff for people who aren't fussy or demanding. Always mention TA and that you share information on the Internet.

Essex
Level Contributor
304 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

I bought a 1/2 carat solitaire from Ashoka for £350 and back in the UK it was classed as top quality (VS1) and valued at 5 times what I paid for it. I have also bought a diamond and emerald bracelet from them - valued at 3 times what I paid. Would recommend them every time.

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

Have used gift Mir jewellers,

Down the lane leading to the highland beach resort.

Had a diamond heart made, I priced a few other places on the top road for same, as knew size of diamonds and how many,

More than pleased, few of us also had semi previous stones made, rings brackets, and necklaces,

A friend on her way back with a few orders.

Go and have a chat with John, see what you think?

Mims

Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

Hi do anyone barter with the shop and is the rings etc in the shop already priced ? Can anyone please tell me cheers.

Or is it a price they say and you just pay ?.

Durham
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

Ashoka for me too bought diamond necklace

Edited: 5:10 pm, January 26, 2013
Darlington
Level Contributor
863 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

My previous post, took the ring back that we bought last year, gave us our money back so I upgraded, total price £2,100 got it valued at home, £6,700! Ashokas for us every time.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

Well i think i might check out Ashoka as the name has come up a few times takeing the names of the others just in case great advise dont know what i would do without this site comes up with great info every time

north wales
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

i can recomend tonys at the side of the sunset beach hotel in candolim,islam & tony two brothers have made us some fantastic things

Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

Did you just agree a price or are you expected to haggle tho ? Anyone please

Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Decent jeweller. Candolim,

Did you just agree a price or are you expected to haggle tho ? Anyone please