We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaria Tablets??

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Malaria Tablets??

Which malaria tablets would everyone suggest take to visit Candolim Goa for 2 weeks over Christmas & New Year?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,947 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaria Tablets??

Check with your GP.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaria Tablets??

It is always best to go to the travel clinic or GP for advice on health matters.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
563 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaria Tablets??

most people seem to end up with malorone but as goangal says visit your gp for advice

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,831 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaria Tablets??

No, most people don't end up with malarone! Just those who are sensitive to chloroquine/proguanil.

This is the link to the NHS advice on malaria, but please check with your health centre.

www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/advice/malaria.aspx

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,506 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaria Tablets??

When I had my boosters 2 weeks ago the nurse at our surgery recommended proguanil &chloroquine which is what we usually take for Goa. However as others have said it's advisable to check with your GP.

daventry
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaria Tablets??

Best to check with your doctor for health related issues I take malarone they are expensive however you take one the day before you travel then 5 days after instead of the other tablets which you have to take when you return for a little while. I never suffered any side effects.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaria Tablets??

Hi Trev we always take Malarone, its 2 days before your holiday, one a day while you are away, and 7 days after your holiday:-)) Gel

8. Re: Malaria Tablets??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 29, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Candolim