We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VFS - Cardiff Visa Appliation Centre

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
VFS - Cardiff Visa Appliation Centre

Has anyone any experience of applying for a visa at the Cardiff VFS Visa application centre?

I will be in Goa for Easter, but travel a lot so I need to find some time between now and then when I can live without my passport for a week or so.

Any advice appreciated

from wales
Level Contributor
257 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VFS - Cardiff Visa Appliation Centre

Ive used the Cardiff office three times in the past two years, no appointment necessary - just turn up between 9 and 12 I think, infact I took my application forms there on the 2nd Feb and they were back with me on 8th.... it usually takes about 10 days though.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VFS - Cardiff Visa Appliation Centre

Great news, thanks, Caardiff it is....

from wales
Level Contributor
257 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VFS - Cardiff Visa Appliation Centre

Just dont forget to take the new size 2x2 photos...... the closest booth is in Jessops in Cardiff - 5 mins drive away from the office ( or I should really say Community Centre)

Andrea

Wales
Level Contributor
325 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VFS - Cardiff Visa Appliation Centre

Yes, I've used the facilty and they were very helpful and passports were back very promptly, worth paying the couple of pounds extra, rather than going through the 'roller coaster' of the visa process repeted on these pages

Regards

Malcolm

Newport
Level Contributor
34 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VFS - Cardiff Visa Appliation Centre

Hi UKJohnH

I went there today, really easy to find, parked outside was there at 07.30am mind, friendly gentleman arrived at 8.55am opened up and dealt with me straight away and I was back out by 09.05 - really quick and easy.

They will let you chose between the Fedex/secure envelope at £7.50 each as advertised on VFS website or use Royal Mail £6.00 each being dopey and not listening I went with the expensive option! All in cost was £93.28 for 2 6 months visas - we used an agency last time and paid ove £80 each!

Should get the passports back in 8/9 days time.

We are going at Easter too - where are you staying?

Paul

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VFS - Cardiff Visa Appliation Centre

Thank-you all for the information, I haven't booked anywhere to stay yet, still trawling through tripadvisor, although I have been to The Santana Beach Resort before and it ticked all the boxes - except for the rusting boat of course !

Cardiff, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: VFS - Cardiff Visa Appliation Centre

Hi there. i just found out about the visa applcation centre in Cardiff and it's going to make life so much easier as I always had to go to london. does anyone know what other schengen visa I can apply for. I want Germany or Spain but I only seen details of Italy and Switzerland and India so far? Many Thanks

Edited: 1:02 pm, September 18, 2011
Wales
Level Contributor
378 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VFS - Cardiff Visa Appliation Centre

Do you fill in the visa forms there?

UK
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: VFS - Cardiff Visa Appliation Centre

Hi Paula, read the Visa guide at the top, it has to be filled in online.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k4…

10. Re: VFS - Cardiff Visa Appliation Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations