We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lone girly

england
7 posts
Save Topic
lone girly

Hi I am travelling out to Goa on the 10th Feb for only one week. Was wondering if anybody is travelling alone around this time? if not can someone reassure me about travelling to Goa as a lone girl. Been there once before. Staying in Candolim. cheers.

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: lone girly

Don't be afraid! Candolim is a very peaceful and friendly place. Just use common sense and don't get into situations which could be dangerous - these are usually associated with tourists drinking to much. Take extra care on the roads - Indian driving can be hair-raising for foreigners!

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lone girly

you should be fine. Just take the same care of yourself as you would alone in UK. Brits tend to become more friendly when in Goa all chatting to each other and am sure you will have a great time just dont advertise you are alone.

Barnsley
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: lone girly

Hi goangirl,

I'm flying out to Goa on the 8th February and will be in Candolim for a few days from the 9th onwards. I'm out on a business trip but will be effectively travelling alone and it could be good to have someone to meet up with over there, especially as you have been before. I know its probably a bit late notice now but if you want to get in touch you can e-mail me at allaneb@hotmail.com

Get answers to your questions about Candolim