We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windsurfing and Sailing in Goa

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall
1 post
Save Topic
Windsurfing and Sailing in Goa

We want to go to Goa next Christmas, 2 adults, 19 year old boy and 11 year old girl. Into watersports and being active but love good beaches as we live by the sea in Cornwall. We need things to do and love good food. Any recommendations please? I like the look of Candolim but need to be sure there are things to do when we get there.

wirral england
Level Contributor
168 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windsurfing and Sailing in Goa

hi,

there is not a lot of water sports in candolim. it is limited to jet ski or paragliding, you can book fishing trips. most people go to soak up the sun in the very laid back atmosphere, eat and drink. sounds like heaven to me cant wait to go back. but its not for everyone. may be more on offer in calangute or baga sports wise

hope this helps a little

simon

chippenham, wilts
Level Contributor
797 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windsurfing and Sailing in Goa

The jet-skiing in Calangute is un-regulated and un-supervised, there seems to be no bounderies and no rules and personally i think it is only a matter of time before a nasty accident.

steve

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
195 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windsurfing and Sailing in Goa

Im afraid Goa is not for you if you like water sports. The water is not the clear blue you envisage when you think of a hot country. Its the Arabian sea and not very nice.Dont get me wrong I love the place, going back 2 weeks on Thursday for the 8th year running.

Have seen some really nasty accidents in the sea.

4. Re: Windsurfing and Sailing in Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations