We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lady in blue

Cyprus
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
lady in blue

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you people who already visited Goa, to tell me where to stay in Goa, as this is my first trip there, and also how many days would be the minimum of my stay.

Any recommendations would be accepted from all of you.

Also I am thinking of making a stopover in Bombay for a couple of days. Do you think it is a good idea?

Can I make the trip from Bombay to Goa, surface?

Is it easy to rent a car of bike for Goa?

Looking forward to getting your replys.

Have a great day.

Lady in Blue

canada
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: lady in blue

Hi

Well if u like excitement go to the north and if u like peace go south

Bombay...sure but travel during day stay away from shady areas put your passport and large amounts of money in a deposit box only carry what u need dont show off jewewellery in Bombay..put it away safe.

It is easy to rent out bikes etc but travel in train..people all around.

U will like Goa I have a condo there and I am travelling also in OCtober 28 etc

Good luck . James

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,479 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lady in blue

My favourite place is Candolim, best part of the beach and lots of great restaurants. I would not recommend Baga or Calungute as way too busy. I have been to Bombay from Goa for a couple of days and had a fantastic time. We went by overnight train, long journey but fantastic experience and we loved every minute of it. We took a trip from Goa with Daytripper www.daytrippergoa.com which included guide which was very helpful and city tour. I have no experience of renting a car and with the driving there would never dream of doing it. Anyone will rent you their bike, people stop and offer it to you on the road. No insurance and if anything happens to it you are expected to shell out obviously.

3. Re: lady in blue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations