We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bambolim Beach Resort

star_on_the _left
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Bambolim Beach Resort

Just returned from having three week stay at this hotel. In Brief it is isolated which can be a plus, but badly located at a river mouth,this made the beach very silty and the water carried a lot of debris in the river, not inviting to swimmers.

The hotel I found it very poorly run in need of a update in general. Basic cleanlyness is very poor,the main bar was filthy and the fridge at the bar was a jaw-dropper.

There is a official line which states a "pet friendly restaraunt" this must mean the stray dogs that scavenge arround in the hotel and on the beach in packs,and keep you awake most hights howling and fighting each other.

Only ate Breakfast there,just the omlette,I could see that being cooked. Ate out mostly at the shack on the beach good food at a fraction of the price. Food outside of the resort was just great.

Rooms are basic, cleaned daily pay the cleaner extra to do a better job, bathrooms again in need of good cleaning and maintenance.

Had a mouse type rodent in the room three nights untill a shoe hit it, R.I.P. Mickey.

Payed £150. extra for a suite for the last 10 days. Got more room,a fidge, a bath in the bathroom which leaked from arround the grouting and no plugs for the bath nor the sink, six extra chairs but no table to sit around and still no draws to put your clothes away into.

We went to Agonda for a few days and stayed in the beach shacks for £5.00 per night on a wonderful beach location, absolutly fantastic.

In all Bambolim Beach Resort would be O.K. for one or two night chill-out on arrival in Goa. But get sorted and get out.

I will go back to Goa soon! Gotta Go

1. Re: Bambolim Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:28 pm, March 14, 2006
Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bambolim Beach Resort

I'll back up Wozzy on this one. I stayed at Bambolim Beach resort on my first trip to Goa way back in 1993. Unless they have moved the resort!! then wozzy is right. The beach is tiny & not that nice although it is right in front of the hotel. The hotel is located at the mouth of a river estuary & although there are minimal currents, it is not very pleasant to swim in. You couldn't even see your feet in 6 inches of water. It is very, very silty & generally not a nice area for swimming. After a couple of days, we figured that the best bet was to hire a moped & head down to Colva or Betaulbatim to spend the days on the beach, which is what we did for the remainder of our holiday. We only really used the hotel for sleeping in.

cute goan boy - very crystal clear? not in my experience. You may be against this forum but we are just honest people telling it how we see it for the benefit of other travellers.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,640 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bambolim Beach Resort

If anyone is against this forum they don't have to read it!! I've found it really helpful and informative - and totally addictive!

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bambolim Beach Resort

totally agree with Gemma cute goan boy please note

england
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bambolim Beach Resort

Hi guys, It sounds like we have picked the right area of goa to stay (calangute) on our 1st trip. mmm or I hope we have.

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bambolim Beach Resort

I've noticed that cute goan boy has really plugged this hotel on other posts as "one of the best in Goa" yet he does not like criticism of it. Anybody who has been there would agree that the Cidade de Goa only a couple of miles away is far better so I don't quite understand.

Just an observation......

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,640 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bambolim Beach Resort

Perhaps cute goan boy has a vested interest in this hotel!

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bambolim Beach Resort

mmmm.....makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Barry, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bambolim Beach Resort

have reported cute goan boy and his strands to trip advisors administrators as we all seem to think the same about his 'advice' and comments

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bambolim Beach Resort

Also reported him as he's now blatently advertising on other posts.

cute goan boy - U R BUSTED!

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations