We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Osborne Calangute

renfrew
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Osborne Calangute

Has anyone stayed at this hotel?

We are going there on 3rd April from Manchester, on the 15.55 flight.

I am trying to find out if I can organise air-conditioning before we get there - does anyone know how it can be done. The travel agent says we have to do this when we get there.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Osborne Calangute

yep, stayed there dec o7. nothing fancy, some decent entertainment, staff very friendly. clean rooms. only ate breakfast there so can't tell you anything about the food.

other than the standard breakfast is just toast and jam(all you can eat though).

i think you'll have to wait until you get there to get air con. they will ask you if you want it when you check in. be prepared though, it cost us £72 for 2 weeks!!

hope this helps BOB

chippenham, wilts
Level Contributor
797 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Osborne Calangute

Bob, last year it cost my in-laws about £10/day !!

Do you have to haggle for air con aswell???????

steve

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Osborne Calangute

they must have liked me!!!

BOB

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Osborne Calangute

I haggled for ages until we got a good price for the air con. cant remember now how much it was but it was nowhere near a tenner a day.

Goangrasshopper.

God's County...
Level Contributor
301 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Osborne Calangute

Hi Sheena

Got back last week from our second stay at the Osborne in the last year.

We also went at the beginning of April last year and air-con was a must.

We paid £120 for two weeks, we did try to pre-book via e-mail, but could only do it whilst checking in.

At xmas they were asking £150 for 2 weeks, but it wasn't half as humid as April, so didn't need it.

We only used it trough the day last year, it was too noisy at night and the ceiling fans sufficed.

Hope this helps

Glenn

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Osborne Calangute

judging by these posts, i'd say the more its needed the more they charge!! so because your going in april, the need is going to be greater, expect to pay more!! its the old sopply and demand thing again isn't it.

BOB

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Osborne Calangute

We stayed in March 07 & was charge £70 for the air-con. Going again in 7 weeks but staying down holiday street near the beach. Will still be up near the Ossbourne for a few cool ones in Zico's which is right outside your hotel. Great bar run by brilliant people.

Paul

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Osborne Calangute

Oh yes we had quite a few drinks at zicos. It was so cheap it was just a shame we never spent time to try out the menu. May-be next year when we go again.

9. Re: Hotel Osborne Calangute

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations