We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Resort/Town?????

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Which Resort/Town?????

Hi,

Am planning, (at the moment just planning), on going to Goa in Jan/Feb 2008. Can anyone please recommend which resort/town is best to stay. I never been there before. Am going with my wife and our child who will be 7/8 months old at that time.

Thanks in advance,

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
19,448 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Resort/Town?????

What type of holiday/resort are you looking for ?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Resort/Town?????

Hi,

Something just to relax during the day, so in terms of a hotel, it has to have a good pool and not too far from the beach. Then during the evening, going into the reset/town centre, where there can be great choice of places to eat and possible markets for shooping. The shopping NOT a must thing, but will just be a bonus.

Thanks

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Resort/Town?????

goanjock, if you need to ask anymore questions, then let me know.

Thanks

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,448 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Resort/Town?????

Our place of choice as a base is Cavelossim, there are around 20 restaurants over about a mile stretch as well as about a dozen beach shacks and another couple of nice restaurants in Mobor 5 minutes away. There is one department store which sells genuine designer goods etc. as well as many market style shops jewellers tailors etc. as well. The beach is lovely and the market town of Margao about 20 minutes by taxi away. Hotels wise have a look at The Holiday Inn in Mobor which is right on the beach or the Haathi Mahal also worth looking at is Luisa By The Sea on www.demfer.com . A popular hotel on the forum is the Dona Silvia but it is only all inclusive (which you really don't need as there are so many great restaurants and meals etc. are so cheap) so I would only stay there if the deal was right. I have posted a couple of photo albums of our last couple of trips where we stayed at the Haathi and Luisa By The Sea they will give you an idea of the area have a look on uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/goanjock/my_photos any questions on the photo's or area etc. just ask.

London, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Resort/Town?????

is there any local b&b/hotels in cavelossim that arent over the top as staying in international hotels doesnt appeal to me.all i want is a clean room thats safe.we once went on allocation on arrival and got offererd holiday inn and turned it down.

any info would be appreciated as we would like to try that area.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,448 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Resort/Town?????

www.palmgroveresidencygoa.com and also have a look at www.saodomingosgoa.com (we are staying at the Palm Grove next season)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Resort/Town?????

I there any travel agent in UK with palm grove on there books.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,448 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Resort/Town?????

I don't think so but it is easy to book direct (and cheaper than paying agency fees)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Resort/Town?????

Thanks goanjock i will be going to cavolosim after this year and i think it will be independant its just getting the guts to do it.I think the advice you gave the ledgend1 is about right with a baby,even thou i have been going north for a long time i still prefer south.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Resort/Town?????

Thank you goanjock for the tips and also thanks for the URL in regads to the photos. I have had a look at few tour operater web-sites, such as, First Choice and I think Cavelossim would be a very good choice. This destination seems to be more quite and relaxed, which I ideal when you have an infant and just want a holiday to relax.

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations