We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to book accomadation or not

Dam
portsmouth
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
to book accomadation or not

advise please

My niece and her boyfriend will be going to India in Dec arriving in Mumbia on the 13th, then heading down to Goa they intend to travel around a bit as they are there for one month, they have not booked any accomadation, now my thoughts are, that they should try to book somewhere to stay for at least part of the trip, as it is a very busy time of year in Goa. what are your thoughts? will it be easy to get accomadation without booking? or should they book some? I do visit Goa but always have a place to stay, with a friendly local in a guest house.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
24,555 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: to book accomadation or not

I think for peace of mind I would book the first few nights and then take it from there.(might be worth booking for xmas as well)

MANCHESTER UK
Level Contributor
386 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: to book accomadation or not

Would book for Xmas & definitely for New Year if you are stayng in Goa over that period. NY is VERY busy & you dont want to end up in a flea pit!

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
London
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: to book accomadation or not

If staying in a hotel - worth ringing up - but the beach shacks often do not answer the phones nor take bookings. So if they want to stay in one of these they will have better luck just turning up - although there is no guarantee there will be vacancies.

There is a local law prohibiting permanent structures on the beach, so the huts there are only allowed to be up from October to May. The other week the council bulldozed all of the illegal huts and they are all being rebuilt at the moment. Worth looking into a hotel. Check out Lonely Planet for a good list of places.

4. Re: to book accomadation or not

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Goa