We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice needed please

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
advice needed please

Just looking at bookin our flights for goa in december..just wondered if I would be able to book a flight going out one way with turkish airlines and the return leg with thomas cook. As we are looking at going ro mumbai first for a couple of nights then train to goa but on the way home dont want to have go back to mumbai wouls prefer direct. Didnt know whether there was any restictions on bookin different companys. Only going for 3 weeks any advixe would be appreciated

Thanks

Leanne

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: advice needed please

Hiya Leanne sure if you come schedule you got to go back same I think or it may be other way round won't that work out lot more expensive ? Cause sometimes one way just as dear see u soon

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice needed please

Hey jacquie no not that expensive. I didnt think I could do it that way just thought id check! But the prob I got is the flight bak we fly out of mumbai at 6.40 in the morn and I cant get a flight from goa to mumbai early morning so wud have to go the day before and stay in mumbai again but I dont really wanna that :( bookin this wkend cany wait xx

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice needed please

why don,t you just book a multi city flight with a airline that goes to both Mumbai and goa, such as Qatar.then fly into Mumbai and out of goa.

Goa, India
Level Contributor
518 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: advice needed please

If you fly into India on a charter flight, then there is nothing to prevent you from departing on a scheduled one. But there are rules (which may or may not be enforced) to prevent you from flying in on a scheduled flight and out on a charter flight.

As others have suggested, the best way to avoid any potential problems is to fly into Mumbai, and out of Goa, by scheduled flights, such as with Qatar. Jet Airways is via Mumbai but has minimal connection times.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice needed please

Had a look at Qatar but its working out expensive. As its a over new year. I have found a good cheap deal with turkish airlines but as I sed the problem is comin back I wud have to leave goa a day early to get back to mumbai and have to book a hotel on the return leg aswell x

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,555 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: advice needed please

I undeestand that Leanne. I am terrified of being on my own somewhere at night. Would sooner sit in the airport all night.

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: advice needed please

the cheapest way to goa at the moment,is return flights to Mumbai,and domestic flights from Mumbai to goa. emirates have return flights for 460 pounds and good times.there flights arrive at Mumbai at 8.20 am.how abt you fly into Mumbai,and get a domestic flight straight to goa, leaving your stay in Mumbai when returning.then after your time in goa,take train to Mumbai for a couple of nights.can recommend residency fort hotel in colba area,15 mins walk to the gateway of india.

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: advice needed please

word of advice,if do what I suggest you book a domestic flight around 4 hrs after you land in Mumbai,i know there is a flight at 12.15 which is ideal.the domestic airport is 20 mins away from the international airport,you will have to collect cases,and then check in with other airline,plus allow time to clear airport.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: advice needed please

Thank u chelsea, I might have to consider that option. I have always flown direct to goa so unsure on all this booking different flights and domestic etc.

Thanks for your help

england
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: advice needed please

No probs, try and book a return mumbai flight with one airline, easier then. For domestic flights have alook on make my trip