We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monsoon in Goa

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Monsoon in Goa

Hey Guys...

Its really been a long time now, need a break.Planning for a Goa trip in the coming week with some friends finally. Being Monsoons, the fun on the beach becomes limited..but there is still loads to dop in Goa during Monsoons...

We have planned to go for a trek near the Dudhsagar waterfalls and if everybody turns i believe it will be really adventurous..

If any one of you guys are planning for a trek in the next week , we would love to join you..or else please help me with your experiences if you had been for a trek there

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monsoon in Goa

Here are a few stories of treks to the Dudhsagar falls:

…blogspot.in/2012/09/dudhsagar-trek-with-goa…

…wordpress.com/2013/…

…blogspot.in/2012/…dudh-sagar-falls-trek.html

With thanks to the authors for sharing their experiences. Excellent photos!

- Jyoti

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monsoon in Goa

Hi Shanket

Hopefully you will gather you friends and have a wonderful time in Goa.

Cheers

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Monsoon in Goa

Hi Shanket,

Yes even if its monsoon in Goa and if you love rains, there's lot which can be done during this time as well. If its a group of 4-5 ppl, I dont think you need to look out for more company. If you dont get any more friends then you can do the trek all by your group itself. If you choose to stay in a coastal area then hire bikes on rent or you can go for a car and make ahead your journey to Ponda. And from Ponda you need to take a route to belgaum. Just b4 the Goa-Karnataka border you have a diversion to dudhsagar. Route can be easily checked on a map or you can take help of a local if you hire bikes. Else if you hire taxi then you need not worry as the driver will land you till last stop.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Monsoon in Goa

Hey Daniel V

Thanks for sharing your inputs...

As far as i know the road route towards the Dudhsagar waterfalls in banned during monsoons.We have thought of going there by the rail route...

Can you tell us...some awesome Goan food to try during monsoon ...we are planning our trip there very soon

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monsoon in Goa

Shanket

You must try the chicken xacuti!!!!

Wolf

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monsoon in Goa

I had good food at Mum's Kitchen in Miramar. You can give it a try.

Cheers

Sanchit

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monsoon in Goa

Talking of Miramar area.... Right next door to Mum's Kitchen is a small guest house Espinyck with a restaurant, where I have eaten several times to escape from the Marriott food and experience typical warm, Goan hospitality of a family run business.

Re spices, besides Xacuti, you can try the more fiery Vindaloo.

And once you are done with those two, try Ambotik, Balchao, Caldin et al, suitable for diff veg and non-veg, grills, thick and flowing curries and so on.

Happy exploring!

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Monsoon in Goa

By this time you must be in Goa and enjoying your trek there.. please share your experiences with us..

And if you are yet to go for that trek please make a note to take the rail route rather than the road route...not many actually know that the road route to Dudhsagar waterfall is banned during this time.

Enjoyeeeeeeee! :)

9. Re: Monsoon in Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 11, 2014