We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

colonal de braganze

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Topic
colonal de braganze

anyone stayed at the colonal de briganze, behind the red lion in calengute, am thinking of staying there, would appriciate any comments, good or bad.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: colonal de braganze

Its not the best hotel to be honest pompeylass (not very good reviews either) plus its in the most congested part of Calangute in my opinion. My old mate TonyManchester stayed there 2 seasons ago and hated it.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: colonal de braganze

Dreadful dark corridors, rock hard beds, a fan in bedroom so wobbly, we expected to be garrotted in the night. Noisy taxis outside, pool area not too bad though, got to end on a positive!! We stayed there about 4 years ago, and I literally threw myself over the reception desk as I was so ill, (not their fault), I begged to be put in a room with air con, at this point they moved us to the new block of appartments. These were great, but wouldnt recommend the old block.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: colonal de braganze

Hi

We stayed there in 2010 and found it fine , basic but clean , lovely staff and ok food , the best thing is the location great for shops, pubs, ,restaurants but preferred the beach at baga, wouldnt pay a fortune for it but if you get a good price id go there again.

Mandy

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: colonal de braganze

Its a dump.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: colonal de braganze

There you go honest answer from Bren instead of me sitting on the fence! Lol

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: colonal de braganze

Colonia de Braganza- basic, worn out, noisy AC, hanging wires on the wall. Friendly staff, good prices, clean, excellent location. Have been there at least 3-4 times and probably go again. Its just the question of needs- as I spend there only night and perhaps a hour during day to have a shower and rest before evening events, its perfect match for me. If you seeking for excellent restaurant and european style hotel to spend most of your time- its not for you. I know they have had some problems with quality of services (2010 and 2011?), but they have mostly overcame them.

Edited: 4:33 pm, March 20, 2013
Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: colonal de braganze

Agree a dump didn't last one night there checked in and checked out

manchester
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: colonal de braganze

Being honest , I stayed last year and really quite liked it, we didn't use the pool or have the breakfast, yes the room was basic, but absolutely spotless, spacious and very quiet, I would stay there again, although it is quite tatty in some of the public areas. For someone like me who wants a bed and shower, nothing more its fine.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,594 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: colonal de braganze

We have always enjoyed staying in the standard apartments around the two swimming pools, plenty of space for a few weeks, lounge, kitchen area, bedroom and normal wet room also they have a fridge or even fridge freezer which is a must for us and like most places in Goa the staff are great

An OK budget place to stay but like most hotels I expect they have a few dodgy rooms, so should you not like the room you are given ask to moved asap however in all the years we stayed there, David was the manager and we never once needed to move.

The location is pretty good, not far to the beach, near to bars and restaurants and far enought from the main road to be quiet at night

Edited: 3:35 am, March 21, 2013
dorset
Level Contributor
556 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: colonal de braganze

It all depends which block you are in. We stayed a few years ago, booked through Goaway. Started off with an awful room on the ground floor right by the bar/breakfast area - people could look right into your room and all the fittings were worn out.

After visiting reception every day to ask if any other rooms were available, we were moved to a top floor room in one of the new blocks around the second pool. What a difference! We then had a lovely, large, clean apartment .

It is in a very central location. Also, they will deliver boxes of water, beer etc to your room for a reasonable charge to stock the fridge with (saves carrying them up the stairs!)

One tip - you can take your own padlock for the safety deposit box in reception.

Get answers to your questions about Goa