We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santana Hotel

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Santana Hotel

Not decided whether to go back to Goa next year having been seven times already. However if we do go back may book Santana. Can anyone tell me if you have to pay extra for a/c, fridge, safe etc or is it all included when you book. Often what appears to be a good deal when booking suddenly becomes a lot more expensive with add ons.

midlands
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santana Hotel

Air con in all rooms and fridge you pay for safety Box only 300 Rs for 2weeks

A great hotel

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santana Hotel

Cheers Dave.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
561 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santana Hotel

best person to ask is Stalex as he has just returned and rated it as excelleny

Bristol
Level Contributor
16 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santana Hotel

Hi we are due to go to Santana Beach on 23rd March can any tell me how to take money over and also how much can we expect to pay for a taxi from the airport and any tips on were to book the elephant trip.

Many thanks

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santana Hotel

Hi ToffeeBristol, take TCs, cash or debit card and change money when you arrive in Candolim at Vics shop (turn right out of the hotel and its the last shop on the block and better rates than the hotel), hotel safety deposit boxes are very secure at the Santana. Maybe change £20 at the airport to cover taxi which will cost about £13. All trips can be made through a taxi driver but if you are referring to the Jungle Book trip see www.johnboattours.com just take a left out of the hotel and its a ten minute walk on to Johns Boat Tours which is on the right hand side. Have a great holiday.

England
Level Contributor
555 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santana Hotel

I've arranged for the Santana to sort out my airport taxi pick up, Verner quoted 1300 for an a/c car. May be slightly more expensive but I think it' s worth it.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santana Hotel

Scousemat

Think it depends which room you stay in regarding the Security box's. We were in room 406 which is above the bar area, our box was in our bedroom which was FOC. Great hotel, lovely staff!

jim 98- think 1300 is a bit steep, think we paid round about 800 at the airport and gave them 1000!

Bristol
Level Contributor
16 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santana Hotel

Thank you all so much for your replies, I think we are going to take tc do you take them in sterling then? sorry to ask so many questions never been to goa before, will defo have a look a johns boat tours and if anyone has any other tips please pass them on, can't wait but very apprenhensive at the same time. thanks again. xx

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santana Hotel

Yes take sterling TCs, dont be too apprehensive you are staying in a very good hotel indeed I came back 2 weeks ago.

See also: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297605-i9001-k6…

Edited: 11:00 am, March 11, 2013
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Santana Hotel

Hi I stayed there lovely place if you book direct you can save a lot of money but it gets booked up quick so best to do so early.

We never used the pool as it was always to hot by the pool and no breeze so just walked through to the beach which is great.

At the end of the santana you will find the taxi drivers there ask for Ashok he is a really great guy who is fair and reliable.

We used him lots and he took us back to the airport too.

Since staying there we have been back to the guest house just down the road called D,souza which was cheaper and really nice and clean with a/c and a lovely shower that works really well. The shower we had in our room at the Santana did keep getting cold then hot and cold again.